In a shocking case of medical negligence, a student of Radhikabai Meghe Memorial College of Nursing died due to the incorrect administration of hepatitis-B injection. This incident took place on Sunday morning at 5 AM where Himani Ravindra Malonde, a young student breathed her last. Moreover, a similar reaction after the administration of 'hepatitis-B' injection has so far happened to 12 other students as well.
Many of the students are still undergoing treatment after the botched batch of the medicine was injected in them. Medical field staff, students and doctors are required to inject 'hepatitis-B' vaccination as per standard practices. This injection was given to 12 students of Radhikabai Meghe Memorial College of Nursing in Savangi-Meghe.
After being administered the vaccination, some suffered from headaches and vomiting. At that time all these people were given primary treatment. However, Himani's condition got worse and she was subsequently taken to Acharya Vinoba Bhave Hospital. She was then admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
However, she died during the course of treatment. Her post-mortem was done at Sevagram Hospital. The vaccine given to the students is provided by the District Health Department. It is being alleged that Himani's condition worsened after being administered the botched vaccination. After The deceased’s father demanded action against the concerned doctors and nurses whose neglect led to his daughter’s death.
This incident in the nursing college has created some new questions too. If the students themselves are not safe, then how can patients get safe treatment? When the incident of Himani’s death came to light, the staff and patients were shocked too. Now after this incident, the people are demanding action against the guilty but so far, no action has been taken against any individuals.
Mirrow Now News | Wardha
Share this news with friends!!!