Sigma Consulting is one of the fast growing Nigeria’s management & healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic , sustainable and clients oriented.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Matron (Nursing)
- To provide excellent clinical and professional leadership to nursing staff at all levels within the hospice environment including in-patient and outpatient services, ensuring that nursing care is delivered to a high standard and that the nursing resource is managed effectively
- To work closely with the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) , as Matron to ensure that the staff work effectively to achieve the Hospices objectives
- To lead on all aspects of patient safety and improving the patient experience
- To ensure that there are effective safeguarding procedures in place across the Hospice
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and CEO, monitor and deliver key quality improvements
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and CEO the post holder will be involved in the planning and implementation of developments relating to patient care and quality throughout the Hospice. in some cases leading on Hospice wide initiatives.
- Deliver and supervise the delivery of all aspects of nursing care to patients based on research, knowledge and experience in order to maintain and raise standards of care
- Analyse, monitor and evaluate standards of care and facilitate remedial action when necessary
- Provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence, establishing innovative and professional leadership which inspires, motivates and empowers nurses
- Act as an expert for specific aspects of clinical practice in accordance with needs of ward and personal special interests
- Apply and evaluate research findings in nursing practice to improve the standards of care delivered
- Ensure patient care is delivered in accordance with established policies and protocols and to the agreed standard
- Have a working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and emergency clinical procedures, ensuring that appropriate action is taken in response to an emergency
- Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs in accordance with established procedure and law
- Ensure the safe custody of patient’s valuables and property according to agreed Trust Policy and Procedure
- Lead on promoting and monitor the adherence of infection control policies and procedures. Ensure the working environment is clean and fit for purpose.
- Is conversant with current emergency resuscitation techniques, both in theory and practice
- Direct optimal utilization of patient flow (bed capacity) within the Hospice
- Ensuring expert nursing advice is available at all times, and that the nutrition and hydration needs of the patients are met
- Expediting patient discharge (as appropriate), ensuring appropriate planning and proactive measures are taken
- Manage, organise and facilitate effective discharge planning across the Trust.
- We are looking for candidates with 10 years and above experience.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Share this job with friends!!!