Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide, 4th ed. by Barbara Aehlert. Updated to reflect the new 2015 Emergency Cardiovascular Care guidelines, this concise easy-to-read guide provides the most essential information on prehospital and hospital management of pediatric emergencies. This program was created to provide healthcare professionals with training in the recognition and treatment of conditions that may lead to cardiopulmonary arrest in an infant or child.
Emergency personnel in intensive care or critical care departments and emergency medical providers.
Training and/or education in basic cardiac rhythem analysis (EEG interpretation) and cardiovascular pharmacology.
Professional-level Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR/AED) required or included in PALS course.
Recognized certification period - two years
Recommended time to complete
- Initial training - 13 hours (2 days)
- Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
- Occupational licensing boards, regulatory agencies, and other approvers may require specific hours of instruction or other practices.
Successful completion (certification)
- Complete all course requirements as provided by an authorized ASHI Instructor
- Written Exam - Required. Passing score of 71% or better
- Performance Evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to direct the initial emergency care for a pediatric patient in two randomly selected cases/scenarios:
- Upper airway obstruction
- Lower airway obstruction
- Tachycardia with adequate perfusion
- Tachycardia with inadequate perfusion
- Symptomatic bradycardia
- Absent/pulseless rhythms
- Hypovolemic shock
13th - 14th November 2018
Training Module: American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Manual & License Type: E-Copies Manuals & Hard Copy Licences
Rivers State: Plot 10 Glorious Avenue off Good Luck Street by Christ Chapel Avenue road (behind Intels) off Igbo-Etche, Eleme Junction, Portharcourt.
ACCOUNT NAME: Nursingworld Nigeria
BANKER: Access Bank Plc ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0058796320
BANKER: U.B.A ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1018264006
After Payment please send in your full name, indicating course paid for and email address for the manual to be sent to you.
Share this news with friends!!!