The American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) & American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course builds on the foundation and importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. The hands-on instruction and simulated cases in this advanced course are designed to help enhance their skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
Educational Objectives: At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR
- Describe the signs and action steps for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
- Describe the links in the Chain of Survival
- Describe the signs & symptoms of common life threatening emergencies
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external and manual defibrillator use
- Recognize and manage respiratory or cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
- Identify normal vs. abnormal cardiac rhythms and the appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies;
- Demonstrate relieving chocking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
- Demonstrate performing 1 and 2-rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims
- Demonstrate giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims and the use of various airway and oxygen adjuncts
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- State the indications & dosages of medications used in cardiopulmonary arrest and the effects on the cardiovascular system
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Course Format and Exam
ASHI: Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an ASHI ACLS Instructor to complete BLS & ACLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
Course Completion license:
American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) & American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) course completion license, valid for 2 years.
American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) & American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion license, valid for 2 years.
ASHI Course Fee: N50,000
For ASHI - E-Copy Manuals For ASHI BLS & ACLS materials are sent to the participants emails on confirmation of course fee.
For AHA - Hard-Copy Manuals For AHA BLS & ACLS materials are to be picked up at the venue before the training.
SCHEDULED COURSE DATES:
VENUE: Renal Dialysis Center , 19B Adeboye Solanke Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja
DATES: 25th - 27th October 2018(Note Payment and Registration of Name Ends Monday 22nd October 2018 by 12pm noon)
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION:
Account Name: NursingWorld Nigeria
Bank: UBA: 1018264006 or Access: 0058796320
ENQUIRIES: 08131183065 or Email [email protected]
1. NURSINGWORLD NIGERIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCHEDULE A CLASS TO THE NEXT TWO SCHEDULED DATES IF THE CLASS SIZE IS NOT REACHED.
2. Students are encouraged to register and receive training manuals prior training date
3. We issue same day certifications
4. Register using your Full names as you would want it to appear on the certificates
5. Course is internationally certified by the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) & the American Heart Association (AHA) Depending on the choice of the Participants
6. We offer In-house/ On-site training available on request at your convenience for a minimum of 9 students
7. 3 CU is only on request by participants for tbhose who want to renew their Licence with the NMCN
8. All candidates are meant to Send their Name as should be in the Licence and email to 08131183065 after Payment
Share this news with friends!!!