Coal City University is located in Enugu State, Nigeria. Our University has the passion and sincere commitment to our vision, mission and philosophy, which have cumulatively transformed into a reputation for the highest academic standard and quality in tertiary education in its few years of existence. Our tradition of excellence ensures achieving a focused and responsive faculty, staff and student community characterised by an atmosphere of mutual respect and commitment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the non-academic position below:
Position: Staff Nurse
Department: Health Services
* The staff nurse is responsible for assisting in the assessment and implementation of patient care needs and ensure all patients are treated in a professional manner and that confidentiality is adhered to. He/she will also provide skilled assistance without direct supervision to demonstrate procedures to the staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To participate as a circulating member of the nursing team during to carry out the necessary safety checks as laid down by policy and procedures.
* To ensure that agreed stock levels are maintained and consumption levels are monitored and utilized effectively.
* To maintain safe and acceptable standards of practice in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work policies and the code of professional conduct.
* To keep abreast of new developments in operating team nursing to maintain professional awareness.
* To discuss and promote innovative procedures involving patient care.
* The position is also required to advise, where appropriate, students of the rules, precedents, guidelines and policies established by the University in relation to the University Core and will assist the Pro Vice - Chancellor (Academic) with policy developments.
* The post holder may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as directed by the Head of Department.
* Candidate must be registered with relevant professional bodies and must have current practicing licenses.
* Candidate should possess Registered Nurse (RN) certificates
* Continued Professional development
* NYSC discharge certificate/certificate of exemption is mandatory
* Candidate must possess a BS.c in Nursing
* Candidate must hold a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years cognate experience.
* Basic Nursing Ethic
* Candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant.
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
* Working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Software, Specifically proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Be of proven managerial skill, able to utilise available human and material resources efficiently and effectively, to achieve set University goals and objectives.
* Meticulous degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to deal calmly and professionally with the unexpected.
* Must be assertive, friendly, cooperative, flexible, tactful, dependable and logical – work in a collaborative manner with multiple offices.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to analyse and solve problems
* Timely in the completion of tasks
* Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
* Excellent motivational and team-building skills.
* Demonstrate problem solving and abstract thinking skills
* Ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
* Ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
* Possess good leadership qualities, such as decisiveness, openness, fairness, leading by examples, working as team leader and encouraging participation in decision-making.
* A person of good health, pleasant disposition, charitable manners, unassailable integrity and strong moral character.
* The candidate must be firm and fair in decision-making and MUST FOLLOW DUE PROCESS in taking decisions.
* A person of good conduct, possessing sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and ability to command respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College.
* A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
* He/she should articulate and ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations.
* An engaging and convincing speaker capable of enthusing listeners.
* He/she must be a leader who by his pedigree is likely to command the respect and loyalty of both staff and students of the University.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter in PDF format to: [email protected]
* CV and Cover Letter should take into account the duties and responsibilities, person specification, skills and attributes of the position being applied for.
* The subject of the email should be the role you are applying for. For EXAMPLE: (Job Position - Department)
* Only qualified candidates who meet the criteria above will be shortlisted.
* Candidates who fail to follow the application instructions will be disqualified.
Share this job with friends!!!