Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Sector Manager - Health
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
* This position is based in Damaturu and reports directly to the OFDA Project Manager.
* The Health Sector Manager (SMH) will be responsible for the overall management and technical direction of Action Against Hunger’s OFDA funded Health and Nutrition interventions that targets vulnerable population and host communities at the affected LGAs in Yobe State.
Task and Responsibilities
* Support the implementation of the short and long term plans for delivery of project services and provide guidance to the Nutrition and Health project team in the management of project interventions and/or activities for effective project impact.
* Work with the project team to develop the overall detailed project implementation plan for nutrition and health component in line with predefined project implementation work plan.
* Manage the assigned Nutrition and Health project interventions in order to meet the project objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns (e.g. projected failure to meet objectives; increased beneficiary needs; projected over or under spending on project budget).
* Facilitate regular meetings to support information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
* Support the Regional Nutrition and Health Coordination team in ensuring the quality and pertinence of training programmes established for the AAH teams.
* Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with Action Against Hunger, country and international standards i.e. Sphere and HAP standards.
* Support the implementation of the Health and Nutrition monitoring systems and record keeping methods that support routine data collection, analysis and reporting in line with the organization and donor expectations.
* Degree in Nutrition/Nursing or Medicine or public health. Certificate in project management for development professionals will be an added advantage
* Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in primary health care and maternal health in the humanitarian context.
* Previous experience in CMAM and IYCF program.
* Previous experience in a managerial role.
* Ability to plan and organize work Independent with appropriate follow through while paying close attention to detail and can read and abstract information from a variety of formats.
* Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation.
* Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
* Excellent skills in report writing.
* Excellent Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards.
* Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
* Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
* Fluency in Hausa and English.
* Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
* Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
* Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends!!!