The American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course builds on the foundation and importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. The hands-on instruction and simulated cases in this advanced course are designed to help enhance their skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
Educational Objectives: At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR
- Describe the signs and action steps for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
- Describe the links in the Chain of Survival
- Describe the signs & symptoms of common life threatening emergencies
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external and manual defibrillator use
- Recognize and manage respiratory or cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
- Identify normal vs. abnormal cardiac rhythms and the appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies;
- Demonstrate relieving chocking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
- Demonstrate performing 1 and 2-rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims
- Demonstrate giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims and the use of various airway and oxygen adjuncts
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- State the indications & dosages of medications used in cardiopulmonary arrest and the effects on the cardiovascular system
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Course Format and Exam
ASHI: Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an ASHI ACLS Instructor to complete BLS & ACLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
Course Completion license:
American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Basic Life Support (BLS) course completion license, valid for 2 years.
American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion license, valid for 2 years.
ASHI Course Fee: N50,000
E-Copy Manuals For ASHI BLS & ACLS materials are sent to the participants emails on confirmation of course fee.
SCHEDULED COURSE DATES:
VENUE: Renal Dialysis Center , 19B Adeboye Solanke Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja
DATES: 6th - 8th September 2018
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION:
Bank: NursingWorld Nigeria
ENQUIRIES: 08131183065 or Email [email protected]
1. NURSINGWORLD NIGERIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCHEDULE A CLASS TO THE NEXT TWO SCHEDULED DATES IF THE CLASS SIZE IS NOT REACHED.
2. Students are encouraged to register and receive training manuals prior training date
3. We issue same day certifications
4. Register using your Full names as you would want it to appear on the certificates
5. Course is internationally certified by the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
6. We offer In-house/ On-site training available on request at your convenience for a minimum of 9 students