AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, currently provides medical care and/or services to more than 350,000 individuals in 36 countries worldwide in the US, Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, the Asia/Pacific Region and Eastern Europe.
Position; State Nursing Coordinator
Req No: 2017-6435
Essential Duties And Responsibiliies
* In close collaboration with the state coordinating team, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
* Coordinates the provision of quality nursing care within the state.
* Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
* Directs nursing care in the state including outpatients, in patients care.
* Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
* Acts as a team leader for with the provision and supervision of high quality patient care in AHF supported facilities in the state.
* Audits Chart notes and medication administration according to protocol.
* Supervises the provision of patient and family education in AHF supported health facilities.
* Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
* Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
* Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
* Provides leadership to nursing team to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
* Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
* Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
* Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
* Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
* Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
Key Result Areas
* Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
* Facility based HIV prevention program indicators.
* HIV Care Task Shifting Indicators
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Share this job with friends!!!