The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Baga, Borno
Working Conditions: Contract
* Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to ALIMA protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care.
* Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
* Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
* Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
* Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
* Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
* Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
* Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
* Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
* Provide advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
* Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
* Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
* Nursing Diploma with nutritional training essential.
* Previous experience required
* Experience with NGO desirable.
* English language essential. Local language desirable.
* Desirable Computer literacy (word, excel)
* Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV's, qualifications and a Cover Letter with contact details) to: email@example.com
Applications can be submitted in person to ALIMA’ Office in Mongono or Baga, Borno State.
* Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
* No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Share this job with friends!!!