The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s foremost development university with a mission to foster the creation of leaders committed to sustaining a democracy in which diverse people share in the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, proficient in creating and applying technology to wise purpose, and dedicated to securing a humane and prosperous world. The university offers a unique resource for Nigeria, West Africa, and the entire continent in addressing crucial economic and social development needs.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below:
Position: Registered Nurse (Female)
Department: AUN Clinic
Summary of Position
* This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
* The Nurses at the AUN Health Center shall work with the team at the Health Center directly under the Head Nurse to provide clinical and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN health center.
* He/she should ensure the Health & Wellness of NFS students and all other members of the AUN Community.
* The incumbent will reside in the NFS residence hall and be of service to the students during the day and when urgent instances occur.
* Nursing Certificate
* Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
* Two(2) to five (5) years of direct work experience
* Basic Nursing Ethic
* Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
* Flexible with time.
* Ability to learn
* Attention to detail.
* Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
* Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
* Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
* Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
* Tactfulness and professionalism
Description of Benefits
* Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes/Cover Letters (on same page) and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Share this job with friends!!!