If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment.
Position: Midwife Supervisor
The Alliance for International Medical Action is recruiting for its project in BAGA-BORNO STATE
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
* Ensure the proper functioning of the reproductive health activities under his/her responsibility in Monguno where ALIMA is running medical activities.
* Defining and implementing universal protocols and procedures; guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population
Assessment of activities
* Identify the needs and means to improve the reproductive health care (BEmONC and CEmONC) in the ALIMA supported health facility in Monguno.
* Implementation and Monitoring of Activities
* Provide support to the recruitment procedures if needed (New staffs);
* In collaboration with the Medical Referent and the rest of the medical team, and other actors implements and monitors reproductive health activities according to the universal standards procedures and protocols;
* Ensuring patients are being informed of their care and treatment plans, and explanations of their conditions;
* Ensuring newborn care according to the standard protocols;
* Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected;
* Carrying out surveillance of parameters following the protocol in use;
* Detecting any neonatal infections, hypoglycemia of the newborn, hyper-hypothermia, any anomalies, etc. and informing the doctor in charge of newborn unit;
* Ensuring Breastfeeding, and information sharing with mothers;
* Ensuring that required newborn vaccination is done;
* Ensuring good advices are provided to the mothers on discharge;
* Preparing newborns and mothers for referral.
* Organizes data collection on medical activities (Reproductive Health Care);
* Participates in the collection and analysis of reproductive health activity data;
* Organizes feedback on medical activity data to his/her team during the monthly meeting;
* On call duties and drawing the Doctor’s attention to all potential complicated deliveries, making referrals without delay.
* Assist the new and/or the existing staff on obstetrical procedures: Like episiotomy, suturing lacerations, uterine revision, manual removal of placenta, breech deliveries;
* Ensuring Universal precautions and hygiene procedures according to the guidelines;
* Keeping up to date and organizing folders related to the work, particularly protocols;
* Participation to medical meetings and any other requested field meetings;
* Filling the registration book and other statistics files in the ward;
* Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders).
* Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
* Essential, Registered Midwife is desired.
* Essential previous experience in Supervising a team for at least 1 year in ALIMA or relevant positions with other NGOs in developing countries.
* Essential local languages (Hausa and Kanuri) and English
* Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, clear understanding of the cultural background of host environment.
20th July, 2018
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to ALIMA’ Office in Borno State, at Lamaraj Hotel (N ° 20 Muhammad Goni Street, Old G.R.A.)
* Submit your Cover letter and CV at ALIMA Baga Office or ALIMA Monguno office or send online by email to; [email protected]
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
* Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
* No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Closing date for submission of applications: Monday 30th April 2018 1pm.
* Only successful applicants will be called for Test/ interview.
Locals will be preferred
* No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Share this job with friends!!!