Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Position: Nurse Anesthetist (Pool)
Location: Jahun Hospital, Jigawa State (Nigeria)
* Perform all anaesthetic medical activities according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of pre, during, and post-operative care of patients.
* Perform consultation to patients due for surgery, evaluate the risks of operating (in collaboration with the surgeon), obtain patient’s written authorization for their operation, provide patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and decide on what type of anaesthetics to use.
* According to set procedures, carry out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient’s adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for surgery. Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
* Provide post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions, with special focus on patient’s pain relief, during the stabilization and recovery process.
* Collaborate with other departments and support other medical services to support the overall MSF project.
* Carry out administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient files, forms, etc.) in order to have updated and correct information about day-to-day activities.
* Respect, promote, and ensure medical confidentiality.
* Assist Anaesthetist Doctor as needed
Required Skills and Conditions
* Education: Diploma in Anaesthesia + current Practice License required
* Experience: 1 year experience minimum as a nurse anesthetist
* Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa required
* 208 hours per month. Availability for shifts up to 12 hours, night or day, and flexibility is required.
* Monthly Gross salary of N 288,900 (Two hundred eighty-eight thousand nine hundred naira only)
11th May 2018
How To Apply:
Submit your cover letter, CV and copies of qualifications with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Jahun ("Application Box" outside the front gate). (With Reference “NURSE ANESTHETIST”)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Share this job with friends!!!