Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Position: Nursing Team Supervisor - Flying
Locations: Ngala, Rann, and Banki, Borno
* Plan, organize, and evaluate and supervise the SMC activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and guidelines, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care .
* Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform as a nurse and/or midwife, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources.
* Implement all the guidelines and SOPs regarding SMC, and supervise his/her team to follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
* Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team, evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for re- training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
* Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management used during the SMC activities, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
* Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative, information and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day SMC activity in each project, output/outcome and support decision-taking. Give feedback/reports to medical focal point.
* Supervise additional activities like mass immunization.
* Speciality (nurse and or nurse/midwife) diploma essential.
* Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable.
* Experience in SMC or vaccination is an asset.
* Flexibility, dynamic, good team leader and trainer, available to work in precarious context and settings.
* Speaking Kanuri and Hausa is an asset.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following:
* Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
* Updated contact details and copy of ID
* Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
* Applications should be sent to: email@example.com with as subject “Nursing Team Supervisor June 2018”
* MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
* No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
* MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts.
* All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
* MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!