ADMISSION OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION WHY ABUAD IS THE FIRST CHOICE FOR CANDIDATES IN SEARCH OF QUALITY AND FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION
1. ABUAD FOUNDED BY ACCOMPLISHED UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATOR
ABUAD is founded by Aare Afe Babalola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D (Lond.), LL.D (Lagos), a self-made man; an acclaimed university administrator; the first and the only holder of LL.D (honoriscausa) of the University of London in Africa in March, 2015; the former Pro-Chancellor of University of Lagos and Winner of NUC’s the Best Pro-Chancellor Award (twice) in Nigeria and the Former Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, Winner of African Man of the Year in Education in 2014 as well as the 2016 African Leadership Magazine’s recipient of the award for Pioneering Excellence & Innovation in Tertiary Education in Africa.
(i) Consistent, predictable and assured academic calendar
(ii) 100% FULL accreditation by NUC National Universities Commission and Professional Bodies in all 47 programmes including seven (7) programmes in Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Accounting, Computer Science, Media & Communication, International Relations and Social Justice.
(iii) No. 1 Best Private University in Google Scholar ranking, No 2 Best Private University in Repository Ranking and No 2 Best Private University out of 68 Private Universities in Nigeria by Webometrics Ranking (January 2018).
3. UNPRECEDENTED LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS IN ACADEMICS
(i) Has graduated 5 sets of students in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
(ii) In addition to their university degrees, students obtain professional certification in Banking and Finance (ACIB), Accounting (ICAN), ICT, Marketing (NIMN), Computer Science (CPN), Engineering (NSE andCOREN), Nursing Science (NRN, NRM, RPHN) and Medical Laboratory Science (FIRST AND FINAL PROFESSIONAL EXAM).
(iii) Compulsory certificate in one foreign language by all students (Chinese or French)
(iv) Best female engineering student from ABUAD – Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria
(v) 2nd overall best student from ABUAD by ICAN (ATSWA)
(vi) Best brain award by Nigeria Trust Award
(vii) Best University Law Faculty Award - Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology, 2012
(viii) The computer Professionals Registration Council in 2013 designated ABUAD as Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security.
(ix) Students in College of Law reputed the Best in West Africa recorded First Class and Second Upper in Nigerian Law School, 100% in Nursing examination, 100% in Laboratory Technology examination, 98% in Medicine (MBBS) etc.
(x) The Engineering College is acknowledged as Template for Engineering education in Nigeria by Nigeria Society of Engineers in Nigeria.
4. INTERNSHIP, SCHOLARSHIP AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
(i) Internship opportunities for students in Nigeria (Pan Ocean), USA, England, China and Germany.
(ii) Fulbright scholarship available for students and teachers
(iii) Students and teachers exchange programme available in highly ranked world universities in Brazil, USA, Germany, China, England South Africa, France and UAE as well as Canada.
(iv) Center for Mechanical Laboratory by CES Industries of America.
(v) Scholarship Dragnet Solutions Limited.
(vi) Annual Scholarships by Pan Ocean Oil Corporation.
(vii) Annual Scholarships by Zartech Limited.
(viii) Annual Scholarship training in Chinese language in Chinese University.
(ix) Reduction of 50% tuition fees available for students studying Agriculture who are also entitled to take-off grant after graduation.
(x) Annual Scholarships for ABUAD Teachers and Students totaling N7million in 2011, N17.5million in 2012, N32million in 2013, N35million in 2014 in N42million in 2015, N45 million in 2016, and N72million in 2017.
(xi) Agbami Medical and Engineering professional scholarship by Chevron, Star Deep Petroleum Limited and Partners.
5. ULTRAMODERN STRUCTURES
(i) State-of-the-art talent discovery building housing 26 sporting facilities and 15 skills.
(ii) Ultra-modern structures housing beautiful colleges, hostels and other utilities.
(iii) Fully residential quarters for staff and students.
(iv) State-of-the-art Multi-System Hospital.
6. Robust Parents/Teachers Consultative Forum.
7. Freedom of religion.
8. Accreditation by NUC – 47 programmes are fully accredited.
9. National and International Acknowledgement and Scorecard – See ABUAD 8-year Scorecard and Milestone at ABUAD website – www.abuad.edu.ng
(9 Months - Admission into 100 Level) (Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect Form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre)
DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (18 Months-Direct Entry into 200 Level) Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES – Accredited Programmes
(2) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S) – 6 years,
(ii) B.Sc. Nursing Sciences – 5 years
(iii) Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) – 5 years
(iv) B.Sc. Anatomy – 4 years
(v) B.Sc. Physiology – 4 years
(vi) B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics – 4 years
(vii) B.Sc. Pharmacology – 4 years
(viii) B. Sc. Public Health – 4 years
NB: College has 37 Laboratories and is acknowledged as Template for Engineering Education in Nigeria. The College has also won international competitions for invention in Seattle, US and London, England.
(1) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc. Microbiology
(ii) B.Sc. Human Biology
(iii) B.Sc. Biotechnology
(iv) B.Sc. Biochemistry
(v) B.Sc. Chemistry
(vi) B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
(vii) B.Sc.Computer Science
(x) B.Sc. Physics with Electronics
(xi) B.Sc. Physics
(xii) B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
(2) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
(i) Postgraduate Diploma in Biochemistry
(ii) Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
(iii) Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology
(iv) Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry
(v) Postgraduate Diploma in Physics with Electronics
(vi) Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Economics
(i) Master of Science in Microbiology Options in :
c) Food and Industrial
(ii) Master of Science in Biology Options in:
a) Ecology and Environmental Science
(iii) Master of Science in Biochemistry Options in:
a) Medical Biochemistry and Toxicology
b) Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
c) Food and Nutritional Biochemistry
(iv) Master of Science in Computer Science
(v) Master of Science in Industrial Chemistry Options in:
a) Industrial Chemistry
b) Analytical Chemistry
c) Organic/Natural Chemistry
d) Environmental Chemistry and Pollution Control
(vi) Master of Science in Physics with Electronics
(vii) Master of Science in Geology
(viii) Master of Science in Agricultural Economics
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
(i) Ph.D. in Biochemistry with specialization in:
a) Medical Biochemistry and Toxicology
b) Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
c) Food and Nutritional Biochemistry
(ii) Ph.D. in Microbiology with specialization in:
c. Food and Industrial
(3) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Master of Science in Human Anatomy
(ii) Master of Science in Physiology
(iii) Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1. Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into College of Law.
2. Five O’Level(WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE)Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the MBBS and Nursing Science Programmes.
3. Other Programmes: Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
4. Result of 2018 in Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME).
5. Result of 2017 in Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) is not allowed
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
1.0 PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORMS
Candidates who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N2, 000 into any of the under-listed banks with Undergraduate Account Number while Postgraduate Application form is also N10, 500 and to be paid into the Postgraduate School Account Number
2.0 CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
1. Candidates who did not choose Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening of the University purchasing Change of Institution form from JAMB and N2,000 for the Post UTME Form into any of the under-listed banks:.
2. Admission into ABUAD for Non Direct Entry Candidates is subject to successful passing of the UTME Examination and the Post-UTME screening.
3. Candidates awaiting SSCE results or its equivalent can also apply for admission provided the result will be available at resumption in August, 2018.
BANK UNDERGRADUATE POSTGRADUATE
• Wema Bank 0122718841 0122203662
• Union Bank 0061954679 0050182276
• UBA Plc 1020297573 1020298532
• Sterling Bank Plc 0064784459 0064790070
DIRECT ENTRY/INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
(i) Candidates can apply for Direct Entry with HND, ND, JUPEP, IJMB or IGCSE (A-LEVEL).
(ii) Direct Entry form from JAMB is required to be eligible for admission into Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti (ABUAD)
(iii) Direct Entry/Inter University Transfer admissions are also available for all courses listed above except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing Science.
(iv) Applicants for DIRECT ENTRY are to pay the sum of N2,000 into any of the designated Banks and obtain the application form at any of the designated selling points. .
(v) NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented along with the completed registration form(s) at the Post UTME Screening Centers.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE
(ii) Download the Application Form Online on the University Website
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
A. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The criteria for admission into the PGD programme are stated below:
(i) All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
(ii) Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from any NUC approved University must obtain a minimum of 3rd Class degree in the relevant discipline.
(iii) Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved Institutions with a minimum of Lower Credit may also be considered for admission.
B. Master’s Degree Programmes
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) are as stated bellow:
1. All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
2a. Professional Master’s Degree Programme
(i) Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
(ii) Candidates with University degree in Third Class or HND plus a University PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
(iii) All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
2b. Academic Master’s Degree Programme
(i) Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 2.5/5.0 for an academic programme.
(ii) Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and University PGD in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
C. Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.) Programmes
Eligibility: Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications:
i. A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree of Afe Babalola University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Afe Babalola University with minimum of 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50.
ii. Any candidate with CGPA less than 3.50 with a minimum of 3.00 shall be admitted to M.Phil. /Ph.D. programme in the first instance, with the opportunity to convert to the Ph.D. programme later.
iii. An M.Phil. Degree in relevant discipline of any University recognized by the Senate of Afe Babalola University, with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE STATED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMES, ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT:
The University Matriculation requirements of individual Departments must be satisfied before a candidate can be considered for admission.
For admission into any of the programmes, possession of NYSC Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
DURATION OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
1. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
(i) 2 Semesters – Full Time
(ii) 3 Semesters – Part Time
2. Master of Science Programmes (MSC)
(i) 3 Semesters – Full Time
(ii) 4 Semesters – Part Time
4. Professional Master
(i) 3 Semesters – Full Time
(ii) 5 Semesters – Part Time
5. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
(i) 3 years – Full Time
DESIGNATED SELLING POINTS FOR BOTH UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE FORMS
(i) MAIN CAMPUS: AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY [ABUAD], ADO-EKITI, KM 8.5, AFE BABALOLA WAY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE.
(ii) IBADAN OFFICE: EMMANUEL CHAMBERS, 80, FAJUYI ROAD EKOTEDO, IBADAN.
(iii) ABUJA OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, 24, MADEIRA STREET, IMANI ESTATE, MAITAMA, ABUJA.
(iv) LAGOS OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, PLOT 1, BLOCK 4, CMD/JUBILEE ROAD, MAGODO GRA, LAGOS.
(v) PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE: EMMANUEL CHAMBERS, NO 43, WOGU STREET D/LINE, PORTHARCOURT, RIVERS STATE.
(vi) WARRI: MONTESSORI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, 66, AIRPORT ROAD, OPPOSITE DELTA CAREER COLLEGE, WARRI.
NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented at the designated selling centers for collection of Application Forms. Application Forms will also be available on the day of screening at the Screening Centre.
POST-UTME SCREENNG CENTRE
(i) The Screening Centre and Date will be communicated later.
(ii) NOTE: There shall be No written examination.
• International Applicants are required to forward their academic transcripts to the following email addresses;
1. reg email@example.com
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
1. Visit http://abuad.edu.ng or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
2. Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University [ABUAD], Ado-Ekiti. OR
3. Call the following numbers: 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150.
4. For Postgraduate Programmes call 08033262920, 07032366407, 08137649067
IMPORTANT NOTICE – FRAUDSTERS!!!.
1. Because of FRUADSTERS, Applicants should call the following contacts ONLY 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150 and do not ENTERTAIN ANY CALL from ANYBODY DIFFERENT from the Phone Numbers listed above.
2. Applicants should use the designated bank accounts with the University Name above only as payment made into any wrong or fraudulent account is at the applicant’s risk.
Lady Christie Oluborode
Share this news with friends!!!