Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to BOWEN UNIVERSITY degree programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
• Nursing Science B. N. Sc. (4 or 5 Year Programme)
(i) O’ Level Subjects
• Candidates must possess five O' Level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• For Nursing programmes, the five (5) O’Levelcredits (including Mathematics and English) must be obtained at one sitting.
(ii) UTME Subjects
• English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
(iii) Direct Entry
(a) Advanced Level GCE/Cambridge/IJMB/JUPEBat an acceptable grade level
(b) Candidates with B. Sc. Second Class Upper Division in a related discipline
can apply for the MB; BS programme.
(c) In addition, candidates must satisfy the O’ level requirements as stated in 2(i) above.
(d) For Nursing Science, candidates with RN/SRN plus five (5) O’ level credits including English Language and Mathematics can apply and be admitted to 200 Level.
e) For Physiotherapy, candidates with a degree not less than 2nd Class Lower Division can apply.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS GENERAL
(a) All applicants are required to sit for the 2018 Unified Tertiary MatriculationExamination (UTME)
(b) Applicants are to complete the on-line application form by visiting Bowen University website at www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
(c) All applicants are required to have credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalent in at least five (5) subjects, which must include English Language and four other subjects as may be specified by each Faculty.
(d) The five credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings.
(e) For Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five credits (includingMathematics and English) must beobtained at only one sitting.
(f) Candidates awaiting results may apply.
(g) All applicants will be required to go through Bowen UniversityScreening Exercise.
(h) Interested candidates who will apply to JAMB for admission andwish to change their choice to Bowen University are required to:
1. Apply for change of institution through JAMB
2. Complete theBowen University On-line Application Form
3. Participate in the Bowenscreening exercise.
(ii) DIRECT ENTRY
All applicants for direct entry must satisfy any of the following:
(a) NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
(b) At least two Advanced Level passes at acceptable grade level.
(c) The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB),Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridgemoderated School of Basic Studies at acceptable grade levels.
(d) In addition to NCE/ND/IJMB, JUPEB or two Advanced Level papers specified by each Faculty or programme, candidates must also satisfy the Ordinary Level requirements.
(e) HND holders may be admitted to 200 Level or 300 Level depending on the regulation guiding admission to each department / programme.
All direct entry candidates are required to apply through JAMB.
MODE OF APPLICATION
(a) On-Line Application
To complete the on-line application form:
• Click on “Apply Now” under the UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION sub menu. This takes you to the admission guide. Go through it and click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” at the bottom of the page to create an identity (Pre-Registration).
• After the pre-registration, generate a payment invoice with your unique transaction ID for the sum of Ten thousand,three hundred Naira (N10, 300) only as application form fee.
• Then, proceed to Quick teller page to make payment online.
• Payment for on-line forms through Banks – After generating a unique transaction ID through the University website, applicants may proceed to any of the following banks with their transaction ID to make payments: Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA).
• Upon confirmation of payment, proceed to the School Admission page “apply.bowenuniversity.edu.ng/apply to log in using your already created username and password in order to complete and submit the application form.
• Upon successful submission, print out your acknowledgement card and profile.
• Applicants in Lagos State may wish to visit the Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound,Obanikoro, Lagos for assistance to completing the application form. Contact: 08034955444, 08023672806, 08062435570
(A) ENQUIRY CENTRES
Applicants may visit any of the following centres for enquiries:
i. Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. Tel: 09036206970 or 07085434397
ii. Bowen University Liaison Office, Baptist Building, Oke Bola, Ibadan, Oyo State. Tel: 08033797387
iii. First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area 11, P. O. Box 331, Garki, Abuja. Tel: 08059648342, 08039102716.
iv. Ekiti Baptist Conference Secretariat, Km. 3 Ikere Road, Off Ologede Police Station, AdoEkiti, Ekiti State. 08036265636
v. Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State. 08038412738 or 08062417396
vi. Central Baptist Conference Secretariat, Lamingo Dam road, Rikkos, Jos, Plateau State. 08065517071.
vii. Bethel Baptist Conference, 4 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna State. Tel: 08023551299
viii. Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro,Lagos. Tel: 08034955444, 08062435570
ix. Imo Baptist Conference Secretariat, 120Wetheral Road, Owerri, Imo State. 07037919943.
x. Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No 7 William Jumbo Street, Old GRA, Port-Harcourt. 08064180777.
xi. Kwara Baptist Conference Secretariat, Afon Road, Ganmo, Ilorin, Kwara State. 08039125460.
xii. Ogun State Baptist Conference, Baptist Mission Compound, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 07069647706.
xiii. Ondo State Baptist Conference Secretariat, Block 001 Plot 7 & 8 Alagbaka GRA, Extension Adjacent Freeman Petrol Station, Oba Ile Rd, Akure, Ondo State. 07038917271.
xiv. Lagos Central Baptist Conference, Secretariat, C/O Ijero Baptist Church, 884, Apapa Road, Church, 122, Ipaja Rd, Ikeja, Lagos
xv. Lagos West Baptist Conference, Secretariart, C/O Union Baptist Church, Ebute-MettaAgege
xvi. Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State. 08057257907.
xvii. Zion Baptist Secondary School, beside Bowen Pre-degree Programme Centre, Agunbelewo, Ilobu Road, Osogbo, Osun State. Tel: 08136899924
xviii. Beulah Baptist Centre, Behind Baptist High School, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. 08053514160
xix. Oyo West Baptist Conference Secretariat, Oyo, Oyo State. 08035762942
xx. Providence Baptist Church, Uyo, Akwa – Ibom State 08039102716
xxi. Anioma-Delta Baptist Conference, C/O Victory Baptist Church, Asaba, Delta State. 08034074335, 08057022515
(B) SCREENING OF CANDIDATES
All applicants are to appear for BOWEN University Screening Exercise at any of the following Centres:
(i) Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos
(ii) Baptist College of Theology NTA/TV Road, Benin-City
(iii) Fullness of God Nursery and Primary School, Ijapo Estate, Akure.
(vi) Baptist Theological Seminary, Kaduna
(v) Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
(vi) Faith Baptist College,#1 Rumuaparaeli Street, Beside Holy Rosary Secondary School, Old GRA Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
(vii) First Baptist Church, Area 11,Garki, Abuja
(viii) Union Baptist Grammar School, Ga-Akanbi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
(xi) Baptist Girls College, Missions, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
(x) Gilgal International School, Shelter Afrique Extension, Mbiabong, Uyo, Akwa –Ibom State.
(xi) Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State.
Candidates are requested to come along with the following for the screening exercise:
i. Writing Materials
ii. On-line Generated Acknowledgement form
iii. 2018 UTME result slip
iv. O’Level result
v. Birth certificate
The screening date and time will be communicated later.
For Further enquires please visit our websitewww.bowenuniversity.edu.ng or contact: the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, through:
(ii) Phone numbers: Bayo – 08168916329, Temitope - 0903-620-6970, Lanre - 0708-543-4397 and Niyi - 08185451648
Dr. K. A. Ogunleye
Share this news with friends!!!