Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the position below:
Position: Triage Nurse
Location: Imo, Kano, Oyo
Job Type: One year Fixed Term contract.
Project: Global Fund HIV
* The successful person will be responsible for conducting brief clinical assessments that determine the clinical urgency of the clients’ presenting health concerns and culminate with the allocation of a care category, which determines the time and sequence in which they receive services.
* The Triage Nurse will also be responsible for managing client records; ensuring accurate data entry, filing/archiving and retrievals.
* S/He will provide comprehensive triage (in-clinic and/or mobile) and clinical assessment service to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
* S/He will initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff, facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
* Must possess a University Degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited nursing programme
* Possession of a higher training in nursing will be an added advantage
* Must possess minimum of three (3) years’ experience in nursing practice including the practice of triage
* Experience in providing ART services will be an advantage
* Experience in maintaining accurate computerized triage assessment records is an advantage
* Must possess experience in organizing
* Must possess good relationship management/ interpersonal skills.
Compensation & Benefits
* The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the "Director, Human Resources", clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: [email protected]
* Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
* Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
* Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
* We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!