Jemi Neil Consulting - Our client, a fast growing Occupational Health organization, located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Position: Occupational Health Nurse
* The Occupational Health Nurse will provide clinical occupational health nursing services to patients in the clinic
Nursing and Clinical Duties:
* Provide general nursing care to patients in the clinic
* You will also be required to go for onsite screening projects as the need arises, both onshore and offshore
* Administers prescribed medications treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
* To help with laboratory investigations such as taking samples from patients as well as running simple laboratory tests.
* To operate all Occupational Health medical equipment
* To check equipment and supplies, restocking as necessary, check emergency kit.
* To keep a daily log of equipment and ensure they are in good condition at all times
* To assist physician as needed during examination
* To assume special responsibilities on assignment as given by the administrator
* You will be required to submit weekly activity and progress report to your coordinator.
* Provide advice, information and instruction on safety issues
* Develop and assist in the application of safety procedures
* Report and investigate incidents, injuries and hazards and implement agreed control measures
* Develop injury and incident prevention strategies for their area
* Inspect each department to ensure the workplace meets the various safety requirements.
* Ensure that monthly inspection of Fire Extinguishers, Exit Lights and Emergency Lighting, are carried out.
* Respond to reports of unsafe conditions (e.g. electrical hazard, loose stair treads, etc.) by requesting repairs or maintenance. In some circumstances, material may have to be prepared for annual submission to the Repairs and Alterations budget.
* Follow up on any deficiencies noted during inspections, and ensure that they are corrected.
* Provide provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting.
* Ensure the work place satisfies health and safety requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facility
* Ensure fire instruction notices are displayed in all department of the hospital, stating in concise terms the essentials of the action to be taken upon discovering a fire and on hearing the fire alarm.
* Instruct all new employees in orientation on the fire procedures.
* Ensure fire drills are carried out at least once in 3 month
* Lead the response in event of a fire until the arrival of the fire brigade.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
* Minimum of a Degree in Nursing
* Must be a qualified and Registered Nurse
* At least 2 years in similar position and organisation.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Possess good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work without technical medical supervision in planning and administering nursing duties
* Clinical Skills
* Bedside Manners
* Respect for confidentiality and discretion
* Must always be neat, empathic and passionate about health
* Value driven with a high level of integrity
* Must be organized
* Time management skills
Work Environment/Other Information
* The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
* Competitive based on experience
* Travelling to other locations within the country maybe required
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Occupational Health Nurse" as the e-mail subject.
Share this job with friends!!!