Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects across the country in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Clinical Mentor
* State Accountability and Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) is a 5-year Bill and Melinda gate funded project with the objective of improving maternal and newborn health in Gombe state through delivery of life saving interventions.
* SAQIP had trained health care workers in primary health centers across the state on Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (BEmONC) and Postpartum Family Planning (PPFP).
* To consolidate these gains, SAQIP has designed clinical mentorship scheme to support the trained health care workers to develop competence and confidence to deliver quality services.
* The mentor will be resident in the facility to observe and participate in all cases relating to management of labor and newborn care.
* She is also expected to provide technical support for infection prevention and control such as hand washing, disinfection and sterilization of equipment and general waste disposal in the health facility.
* The mentor is accountable for the successful implementation of all the seven BEmONC signal functions by the health care workers.
Specific Job Responsibilities
* The mentor is expected to be resident at the facility for 20 - 30 consecutive days every month for a period of 6 months.
* The mentor is accountable for the successful implementation of all the 7 BEmONC signal functions
* Facilitate one-on-one case management through observations in order to strengthen good practices and on the spot corrections of bad/wrong practices.
* Participate in routine maternal and newborn care, paying special attention to knowledge and skill transfers to birth attendants through adherence to SOPs and protocols for care
* She is also expected to provide technical support to infection prevention and control such as hand washing, disinfection and sterilization of equipment and general waste disposal
* It is the responsibility of the mentor to provide urgent and important feedback to the GSPHCDA/SAQIP or assigned persons as a first contact on matters needing urgent intervention
* Facilitate weekly facility meeting with all staff
* Support Quality Improvement intervention, including active participation at biweekly meeting and linking identified issues to be addressed by Quality Improvement teams
* Ensure the availability, display and use of SOPs, Job aids and manuals
* Support the facility to develop and execute skill demonstration sessions using anatomic models
* Must be a registered female doctor, nurse/midwife or CHO
* Must have a minimum of 15 years clinical working experience or provision of health care services on maternal and newborn care in a health Facility
* Evidence of disengagement or release from last employer 6 months preceding the start of the clinical mentorship scheme
* Clinical proficiency in Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (BEmONC)/LSS/MSS added advantage
* Availability and readiness to undertake posting to any part of Gombe state for clinical mentorship
* Evidence of experience of similar assignment in Nigeria with a relevant knowledge of government systems especially for Primary Health Care at state level
* Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team member
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV's and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
* All CV’s/resume/applications Must be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the Subject of the mail.
* Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!