West African college of Nursing (WACN), an agency of the west african health organisation (WAHO) Comprising of five Anglophone countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Liberia and Sierra leone) and one Fracophone country - Republic of Benin presents a certificate course in Disaster Nursing: Emergency preparedness/ BLS
In the recent past, disasters both natural nad man made had been on the increase both at the national and international level. The morbidity and mortality from such disasters call for prompt and emergency preparedness and management. Disasters from road traffic accidents, collapsed buildings, fire disaster, plane crash, flood, industrial accidents are managed by a team of health professionals such as the Doctors, Nurses, physiotherapitst etc. The role of the Nurse in such occurences cannot be overemphasised. Other agencies involved are the police, the federal road safety commission, the fire brigade and Ambulance services.
AIM: The course is designed to equip nurses with adequate knowledge, skills and attitude necessary in the management of victims of disasters.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to:
1. Identify the different roles of the emergency medical team in disaster situation.
2. Give appropriate emergency/first aid measure to victims of disaster.
3. Initiate appropriate management of all body systems affected during disaster.
4. Educate the public towards the importance of community participation during disaster.
5. Inititae and conduct triage for multiple injured victims of disasters.
6. To collaborate with/ assist in the development of a national guideline on emergency management of disaster victims.
1. Nurses/ Midwives
2. Qualified Nurses practicing in the Accident and Emergency Department of their hosptials, Off Shore Medics/ Nurses, Field Medics/ Nurses, Rig Nurses in the oil and gas sector
3. Nurse Clinicians in the Multiple areas of practice.
4. Nurse Educators
5. Nurse Clinicians in the following areas of practice: Government hosptials, private hospitals, Neuro-psychiatric Hosptials, industries, corporate institutions, educational institutions, teaching hospitals, specialist hospitals eg National orthopaedic hosptal, Armed forces (police, army, navy, airforce), federal road safety commission, customs, prisons, airport authority, red cross society, fire services, old peoples home, Nursing homes, Rehabilitation centers, Non governmental organization, missions hospitals
Date: 11TH DECEMBER 2017 - 15TH DECEMBER 2017
Venue: National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives House, By Sasun hotel, off ordinance junction, Transamadi, portharcourt, Rivers State
NOTE: Discounted rates have been secured for participants at SASUN hotel for N8,000 per night. For reservation, Call the Sasun hotel general Manager on 08030730641
Registration Fee: N35,00
Account Name: West African College of Nursing,
Bank: First Bank Plc,
Account Number: 2003831052
Click the link below to download:
2. Course Invitation Letter
OKEDO HENRIETTA (MRS)
West African College of Nursing
Mrs Elizabeth Okankwu (FWACN)
School of Midwifery
Portharcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
Share this news with friends!!!