The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Position: Registered Nurse
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: AUN Clinic/New Foundation School
Summary of Position
The Nurses at the AUN Health Center shall work with the team at the Health Center directly under the Chief Administrator AUN health center to provide clinical and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN health center to ensure the Health & Wellness of NFS students and all other members of the AUN Community.
* Nursing Certificate
* Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
* One(1) to three (5) years of direct work experience
* Basic Nursing Ethic
* Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
* Flexible with time
* Ability to learn
* Attention to detail
* Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
* Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships
* Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
* Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
* Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
* Tactfulness and professionalism
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date:
3 November, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!