The meeting started around 11:30 PM on12/9/17. Present during the meeting are the NARD president, NOC, crown Prince and NEC members from across the country. Deliberations went on throughout the night till 7am 13/9/17.
The 8 items on the MOTOS were looked at individually, the merit and demerits of each x-rayed. Voting of 21 against 16 in favour of rejection of the MOTOS and continuation of strike was done. At the end of the voting, the meeting became rowdy, which necessitated the President to call for a recess.
While on recess, the NOC still engaged the HMOH to ascertain the status of the MOTOS. NEC reconvene at 9pm after the NOC meeting with HMOH.
- During the meeting with HMOH, CMDs were also present and it was made clear to them that centres yet to implement skipping should go ahead and do so. This has put to rest the ambiguity of whether doctors should be skipped or not.
- On house officers entry point, it was confirm that a memo from the NSIWC to the presidency for the final approval which we are hopeful will be out before the end of September.
- 18 centres whose AIE has been raised have received monies for salary shortfall.
- AIE for remaining centres not initially captured has is on the table of the Min of finance for final.approval.
- Skipping arrears from 2014/is receiving serious attention.
- Members to be migrated before end of October at approximate level.
- A cover letter from the MOH to CMDs to treat as the MOTOS.
NEC discussed the achieved milestones and resolved as follows:
1) Suspend the strike and reassess status of MOTOS during NARD AGM this September.
2)Work to commence 8am on Friday 15/9/17
We wish to thank all our members for their doggedness in the struggle. Congratulations to us all.
NB, Non of our members will be victimized for participating in the strike action in accordance with item 9 of the MOTOS.
Share this news with friends!!!