The American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course builds on the foundation of Basic Life Support (BLS), emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. The hands-on instruction and simulated cases in this advanced course are designed to help enhance their skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
Educational Objectives: At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR
- Describe the signs and action steps for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
- Describe the links in the Chain of Survival
- Describe the signs & symptoms of common life threatening emergencies
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external and manual defibrillator use
- Recognize and manage respiratory or cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
- Identify normal vs. abnormal cardiac rhythms and the appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies;
- Demonstrate relieving chocking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
- Demonstrate performing 1 and 2-rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims
- Demonstrate giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims and the use of various airway and oxygen adjuncts
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- State the indications & dosages of medications used in cardiopulmonary arrest and the effects on the cardiovascular system
- Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC), termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
- Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
Course Format and Exam
Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an ASHI ACLS Instructor to complete ACLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
Course Completion license:
American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion license, valid for 2 years.
Course Fee: N65,000
SCHEDULED COURSE DATES:
VENUE: National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) House, by Sansun Hotel, Off ordinance Junction, Transamadi
DATES: 29th - 30th September 2017, 13th - 14th October 2017
ACCOUNT NAME: Nursingworld Nigeria
BANKER: Access Bank Plc ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0058796320
BANKER: U.B.A ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1018264006
For any further enquiries, in house hospital trainings and students please feel free to contact us on: 08131183065, 08035091993
Share this news with friends!!!