KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Position: Assistant Technical Advisor, PMDT
Purpose of the position
* The Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT works closely with the Technical Advisor PMDT to coordinate the Programmatic Management of Drug Resistant TB activities in the region (Nasarawa, Niger and Benue state).
As Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT you will:
* Monitor initiation of enrollment for ambulatory DR-TB treatment in collaboration with KNCV Program officers, state Quality Assurance officers (QAOs) and state DR-TB focal persons
* Ensure proper work up of DR-TB patients before enrollment on treatment (baseline investigations, patient consent form, complete and correct documentation of all R&R tools
* Monitor patients for adverse drug reactions through quality baseline and regular follow up on clinic and laboratory evaluations
* Ensure counselling on drug adherence through direct observation of treatment (DOT); family education, social support
* Agree on Treatment supporter to ensure DOT
* Strengthen DR-TB prevention and infection control and contact investigations in the community
* Ensure up to date documentation of patients’ treatment records; hand cards (including national recording and reporting tools) on ambulatory DR-TB treatment
* Participate in PMDT joint supportive supervisory visits to ensure quality of care/funds disbursement from enrolment to treatment completion.
* A Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor degree in Nursing will be an add advantage.
* A community health officer (CHO) with more than 5 years working experience.
* At least 3 years’ work experience with: HIV and TB/DR-TB program at various levels; USAID projects and/or any development partner.
* Experience in DR-TB patient initiation and monitoring of treatment.
* Experience with community interventions.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
* Excellent written and verbal English language skills
* Self-starter, team player, dynamic, solid, open, flexible, absolute integrity, organizational awareness, understanding of cultural differences.
Application Closing Date:
10 October, 2017
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
* You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references
* Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
Share this job with friends!!!