University of Benin in collaboration with the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programme for 2017/2018 Session.
Admission Into a One-Year Foundation Programme 2017/2018 Academic Session
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC)or IJMB.
Duration of Programme
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of Two Semesters. It is strictly non-residential programme.
The following subject combinations are available:
* Candidates seeking admission into JUPEB Foundation Programme must posses minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “0” Level, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WACE, NECO,NABTEB).
* All the combinations meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JU PEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT, etc.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university website: www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE, VISA or MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non- refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (15,000.00). The fee excludes bank charges.
The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
On the UNIBEN website:
* Click on the "WAEUP PORTAL LINK"
* Click on the "Foundation Programme (JUPEB) Application 2017/2018" Link
* Select your "Preferred centre"
* Click on "Register For Application" and fill out application after reading instructions on the page
* Upload a recent coloured passport size 4 photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable
* Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and passport
* All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Mode of Study
Face to face contact at the University of Benin, Federal College of Education, Akoka Lagos. Lectures will be conducted form 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday.
i. Fill your Bio-Date correctly as no complaint about worng bio-date will be entertained after submission.
ii. Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
iii. Only coloured print out will be accepted.
iv. Print at least 4 copies of the university of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
v. Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
Application Closing Date
Monday 28th August, 2017.
The Entrance Examination into the Foundation Programme will hold at the University of Benin on Saturday 9th September, 2017.
Mrs. O.A. Oshodin