Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for applicants for the below role:
Location: Maiduguri - Borno
* Under the direct supervision of the MHC Team Leader/ Nurse, the Midwife provides MNCH/ SRH care services, including ANC, PNC, Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care, family planning, etc.
* S/he follows PUI obstetrical and Sexual Reproductive Health protocols and universal standards to ensure quality and continuity of care.
Responsibilities and Tasks
* Welcome patients to the MNHC/SRH services in the MHC.
* Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
* Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
* Provide Antenatal and Postnatal care services.
* Evaluate the pregnant women for high risks pregnancy and ensure a timely referral to secondary health services.
* Provide Basic Obstetrical and Neonatal care, including assistance to urgent normal deliveries, manage obstetric emergencies.
* Identify cases needing referral and refer them in time, assessment and follow-up of new borne.
* Ensure mothers receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card…).
* Provide Family planning counseling as a routine and on request (where possible to the couple) and provide contraceptives according to the need.
* Treat sick Pregnant and Lactating Women for a illnesses selected by PUI, and for which a protocol is provided and adhere to therapeutic standards.
* Manage sexual transmitted infections according to PUI protocols.
* Identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and collaborate with the medical team for treatment.
* Provide individual and group health education to patients concerning safe motherhood, care of the new born, IYCF (Infant and Young child feeding), Family * Planning and general Sexual Health.
* Document collected information on health cards and other records.
* Support in various data collection.
* Maintain patient confidentiality.
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
* Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with MHC Team Leader/ Nurse and other MHC staff.
* Ensure operation of equipment, and report to SRH team leader in case of damage or not functioning.
* Participate actively in meetings and training when required.
* Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
* Recognized Midwife Degree (at least certificate level)
* with national legislation
* 2-3 years experience in Midwifery, especially in MHC setting
* Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
* Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
* Fluent in local languages - Hausa and Kanuri.
* Communication: able to communicate clearly with respect for patients, caretakers, team members and supervisors
* Motivation: shows commitment, flexibility and is service oriented
* Team work: shows ability to work in a team and give technical supervision
* Problem solving skills
* Stress management
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with the following Documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following documents:
* Updated CV,
* Letter of motivation,
* Copy of work certificates,
* Copy of relevant certificate
* Reference contacts.
* The position must be clearly indicated on the envelope or e-mail subject.
* Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
* This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Share this job with friends!!!