10th ICN NP/APN Conference CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Ddate: 26 – 29 August 2018
Venue: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Theme: Nurse Practitioners/Advanced Practice Nurses Bridging the Gap: Towards Futuristic Healthcare through collaborative practice and leadership.
This international conference will attract delegates from Clinical Practice, Research, Education, Health Policy, Leadership and Management. The conference will explore a number of issues including:
• Leadership and innovations for new and emerging NPs/APNs models of care
• NPs/APNs leadership in transformation of healthcare
• The role of NPs/APNs in widening access and equity to healthcare
• Impact of NPs/APNs on improving healthcare for patients, organizations and society
• Leadership of NPs/APNs in clinical and professional practice
• Interdisciplinary collaboration in healthcare and leadership role of NPs/APNs
• Education and competency development
On behalf of the International Council of Nurses (ICN) Nurse Practitioner/ Advanced Practice Nursing Network, the 10th ICN NP/APN Organising Committee invites you to submit abstracts for oral presentations, workshops or poster presentations. The ICN is a federation of over 130 national nurses associations representing the millions of nurses worldwide. Operated by nurses and leading nursing internationally, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all and sound health policies
This 10th ICN NP/APN Conference will be held in Rotterdam, the Netherlands from 26-29 August 2018. It provides a unique opportunity to build relationships and to disseminate nursing knowledge and leadership skills across NP/APN-specialities, cultures and countries. Featured plenary speakers will inspire you and bring the latest information on NP/APN’s contribution to clinical practice, education, research, policy and leadership in the changing healthcare landscape.
Further information and updates on the conference programme will be posted on the conference website at www.npapn2018.com.
Share your ideas and expertise!
The ICN NP/APN conferences are renowned as the largest international forums for NP/APN’s. The 2014 ICN NP/APN Conference in Helsinki, Finland brought together more than 700 delegates from across the globe exploring the importance of cross-cultural understanding and global cooperation in nursing. In 2016 the ICN NP/APN Conference in Hong Kong welcomed 900 delegates. In 2018 the Rotterdam conference aims to receive 1,200 delegates. You are invited to submit an abstract for a concurrent session, a workshop, or a poster.
The instructions for the submission of abstracts are also available on the conference website www.npapn2018.com.
The on-line submission system will be open from 1 July 2017 until 29 November 2017.
Abstract themes All abstracts should relate to the NP/APN role. We welcome abstracts of scientific research, clinical practice, innovation, education, policy and leadership for concurrent sessions, workshops and poster presentations covering the following themes:
1. Changing healthcare and the role of the NP/APN
2. Collaboration and inter-disciplinary practice
6. Health-care policy
7. Evidence based clinical practice/scientific research
8. Patient participation
9. Ethics and moral dilemmas
10. International developments and collaboration
In addition to the theme, you can choose a category that meets the content of your abstract:
1. Prevention and public health
2. Primary care
3. Emergency care
4. Mental health
5. Women’s health
7. Elderly care
8. Critical/ acute care
9. Non-communicable diseases
10. Palliative/end-of-life care
Instructions for the submission of abstracts
1. The abstract text is limited to 300 words, i.e. excluding the title and authors’ information and references. The text should highlight the main points the presenter or presenters wish to communicate, using the following guidelines:
- Introduction statement indicating purpose of presentation
- Brief description of pertinent research or other methods adopted
- Summary of new unpublished data and/or other relevant information
Abstract not completed and not meeting the themes requirements will not be considered.
2. An abstract can be submitted in ONLY ONE of the following types of presentation:
a. Individual submission; 15-minutes presentations and 5-minutes discussion. The conference organisers will group oral presentations by theme into sessions.
b. Symposium; 60 minutes; maximum of three abstracts. The abstract body containing introduction and aim of the symposium needs to be submitted through the online form (max 300 words). Furthermore, the abstract body and the individual presentations (each no more than 300 words) will need to be sent in one Word document to the conference secretariat.
60 minutes (These should be interactive or teaching of clinical competencies i.e. diagnostic skills, clinical decision making, ordering investigations and interpretation, clinical examination techniques, management of conditions, prescribing); one or more presenters on one abstract; Posters & Pitch: 5-minutes presentations; individual submissions.
3. Text that is under a publisher’s or conference copyright should not be submitted.
4. Only the (co-)authors that have been added through the online submission form, will be mentioned in publications when an abstract has been accepted.
5. Authors and co-authors can submit more than one abstract, with a maximum of two. If you choose to submit more than two abstracts and they will all get accepted, we cannot rule out an overlap of your presentations when casting the programme.
6. Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
7. Only fully completed presenter profiles and abstract submissions (marked as final) will be reviewed. The conference committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that do not include sufficient information and also allocate abstracts to oral presentations, workshops or posters as necessary.
8. Abstracts are to be submitted via this link.
9. The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 29 November 2017.
10. Applicants will be notified of acceptance of the abstract by 25 January 2018.
11. All decisions on abstract acceptance are final. No further correspondence will be undertaken on the selection process.
12. Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must have been received by 7 February 2018 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the abstract book and scheduling for presentation.
1 July 2017 Online submission of abstracts opens
20 July 2017 Conference registration opens
29 November 2017 Online submission of abstracts closes
25 January 2018 Applicants notified of abstract acceptance
7 February 2018 Deadline for registration of abstract presenters
Conference website: www.npapn2018.com
Conference fees: The early registration fee structure will be announced on 20 July 2017 on the conference website www.npapn2018.com.
Registered participants who are unable to attend the conference will have their paid fees refunded, less a processing fee, provided written notice of cancellation is received by the conference secretariat before 27 July 2018. After this date, no fee refund can be expected.
Secretariat 10th ICN NP/APN Conference
Leids Congres Bureau
Tel: +31 (0) 71 2020 303
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.
If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791
Share this news with friends!!!