International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
We are therefore looking for suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Position: CMAM Assistant
Locations: Damboa (7) and Dikwa (14) - Borno
* The incumbent will be responsible for implementation of CMAM in collaboration with other nutrition staff.
* S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation guidelines.
* Plan and organize OTP at designated OTP sites in liaison with SMoH staff and nutrition officer.
* Work closely care group promoter supervisors, care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP sites
* Supervise the activities of the CMAM team.
* Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
* Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
* Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
* Ensure all children in OTP are immunized according to the national protocols.
* Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
* Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
* Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
* Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, * sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems.
* Provide key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
* Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the OTP sites.
* Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
* Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the nutrition officer.
Qualifications and Experience
* Over two (2) years’ experience
* Registered nurse with a Degree in Nursing from a recognized nursing institute.
* Valid and current practicing license.
* Knowledge of CMAM and MIYCN will be an added advantage.
* Excellent report-writing skills.
* Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
* Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
* Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
* Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's addressed to the "Human Resource Manager", International Medical Corps via: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Medical Corps Office,
Beside Head of District office,
International Medical Corps Office in Biu,
Usman Dala area,
* Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
* Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
Share this job with friends!!!