AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
Position: Senior Nursing Officer, Awuapila Clinic
Req No: 2017-6399
Category: Healthcare Center Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
* In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
* Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
* Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
* Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
* Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
* Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
* Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
* Supervises the provision of patient and family education in supported health facilities.
* Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
* Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
* Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
* Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
* Supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
* Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
* Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
* Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
* Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
* Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
* University graduate in Nursing-B.Sc or its Equivalent.
* MPH degree would be an added advantage
* At least three years’ experience in HIV program management.
* Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
* Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.
If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791
Share this job with friends!!!