The Federal Government of Nigeria has designed the N-Power Programme to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. Some of these graduates will also help in actualising Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power will also be a platform for diversifying the economy. N-Power is preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets.
Applications are hereby invited for the program below:
Position: N-Power Health
N-Power Health Volunteers will help improve and promote preventive healthcare in their communities to vulnerable members of the society including pregnant women and children and to families and individuals.
* 2 Years
* Participants will undergo an initial induction training prior to deployment
Ultimately, N-Power Health volunteers can aspire to a life-long career in public health and other allied fields. Possible destinations include:
* Health Education Specialist
* Health Promotion Coordinator
* Public Relations Manager
* Breastfeeding Support Coordinator
* Health Office Administrator
* Health Research Analyst
* Social Worker & Counselor
* Health Services Manager
* Health Department Administrator
* Government Policy Analyst
* Displaced Persons Coordinator
* HIV/AIDS Educator
* Project Manager in Public Health
* Field Investigator
* Research Analyst
* Community Health Worker
Preference will be given to holders of Bachelor’s degree, HND, OND, in health sciences such as Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Public Health, Botany, Midwifery, Psychology or other allied disciplines in the sciences.
* Community Health Extension (JCHEW & SCHEW)
* Medical Laboratory Technology
* Pharmacy Technology
* Medical Records
* Health Education
* Environmental Health Technology
* Agricultural Science and other allied disciplines.
* JCHEW, SCHEW, NABTEB, OND, HND, RN, RM, B. Tech, B. Sc
* Schools of Health Technology
* Nursing Schools
* Midwifery Schools
* Applicants must be between 18 - 35 years of age during registration and must have a valid proof of age (e.g. Birth Certificate, affidavit of age declaration, valid photo ID, etc.)
* Applicants must be resident in Nigeria and must have a good knowledge of their location in Nigeria.
* Applicants must posses at either a Bachelor’s degree, OND, HND or NCE certificate with a statement of result or transcript.
* Applicants must have completed their service year if applicable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: The current June - July 2017 Application process only applies to the Graduate Category (N-Power Volunteer Corps). The selection process for 2016 applicants in all Non - Graduate Categories (N-Power Knowledge and N-Power Build) is underway and the training and engagement of successful applicants will be done in batches. At this time the ongoing application is not open to the Non - Graduate categories.
Share this job with friends!!!