FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Slot: 10 positions
Job ID: 18790
* Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
* These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
* FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
* FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
* Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
* Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
* For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
* Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions.
* Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
* Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
* Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
* Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration.
* Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.),
* Perform any other duties as may be required.
* B.Sc degree Nursing /Registered Nurse
* Desirable 2 to 3 years of previous experience in other NGO’s
* Previous experience working in a humanitarian organization is highly desirable
* English language mandatory, Hausa/ Kanuri is a plus
* Results quality Orientation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management
* Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task Compassionate with good communication skills Excellent teamwork skills
* Must be computer literate
Share this job with friends!!!