Invitation To The WACN 14th BGM, 23rd Scientific Session & 37th Council MeetingDate Posted: 27/Jun/2017
The West African College of Nursing (WACN), a specialized agency of the West African Health Organization (WAHO) – an International Health Organization with headquarters in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso wishes to advertise for qualified and interested nurses and midwives in both Anglophone and Francophone countries of the West African sub region to apply for the award of Fellowship of the College.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
Some of the objectives of the College are to:
- Promote excellence in nursing education – basic and post basic level and maintain the standard of nursing within the sub-region.
- Formulate and support nursing educational programmes.
- Contribute to the improvement of health care within the West African sub-region.
- Plan and implement continuing educational programmes for nursing personnel.
- Promote and encourage research in the field of nursing.
Motto:Unity, Knowledge and Service
Emerging Health Emergencies: Community and Health Workforce Response In The Sub- Region
All fellows, fellowship students, other nurses and midwives, student nurses and midwives, sister colleges and intersted members of the public.
Early registration is encouraged to facilitate accommodation arrangements
Participation attracts 3 CE units
Registration fee for Basic students only in Schools of Nursing, Midwifery and Dept. of Nursing is N10,000