AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
Position: State Nursing Coordinator
Locations: Abuja and Benue State
Reports To: Medical Director
* The state Nursing Coordinator would work closely with the State Coordinator/Regional Coordinator in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery in the state.
* He /She will directly supervise the nurses’ cadre in providing topnotch HIV care, treatment and prevention programs.
* Operational lead of the Nursing care and ART task shifting system within the state, by so doing implement high quality care in line with the direction of the Country office technical leads.
* This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* In close collaboration with the state coordinating team, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
* Coordinates the provision of quality nursing care within the state.
* Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
* Directs nursing care in the state including outpatients, in patients care.
* Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
* Acts as a team leader for the provision and supervision of high quality patient care in AHF supported facilities in the state.
* Audits Chart notes and medication administration according to protocol.
* Supervises the provision of patient and family education in AHF supported health facilities.
* Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
* Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
* Provide comprehensive analysis of patient physical health statues in AHF supported facilities in the state.
* Support the prevention coordinator and care team in implementing high quality PITC, Index testing, PNS (Other innovative facility based testing program).
* Provides leadership to nursing team to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
* Responsible for identifying training needs, conduct capacity building for health care workers in supported health centers.
* Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
* Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
* Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
* Any other duty designated by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
* University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its equivalent.
* MPH degree would be an added advantage
* At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in HIV program management.
* 1- 2 years’ experiences in core HIV Care team supervisory role
* Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
* Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and cover letters to: globalhr.Africa@aidshealth.org
* Candidate should kindly indicate the position applying for and their preferred location as the subject of their e-mail.
* sOnly shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!