AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
Location: FCT Abuja
Reports To: State Nursing Coordinator
* The Nurse assists the clinician in ensuring smooth Implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
* He /She will directly supervise the health facility and community HIV prevention programs, strengthen referral and linkage services.
* This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria’s programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide quality evidence based ART, PMTCT, Prevention and TB Services in supported Health Facility.
* Initiate and expand PITC in the supported health facilities.
* Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
* Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
* Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
* Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
* May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
* Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
* Provides patient and family education.
* Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
* Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
* Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
* Establish and support effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
* Work closely with the prevention coordinator to supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
* Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
* Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
* RN/RM, BSc Nursing an added advantage.
* At least one year's experience in HIV program management.
* Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
* Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and cover letters to: globalhr.Africa@aidshealth.org
* Candidate should kindly indicate the position applying for and their preferred location as the subject of their e-mail.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!