JOINT HEALTH SECTOR UNIONS & ASSEMBLY OF HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS Memo To All Members
TO All Members of JOHESU MHWUN NANNM NASU NUAHP SSAUTHRIAI, You will recollect that since 2012 we have been pursuing various issues upon which agreements have been reached with the Federal Government to no avail.
Notable among those issues are:
1. Adjustment of CONHESS salary
2. Review of Retirement Age from 60 - 65 years as done for other Ternary Institutions
3. Stoppage of scale to scale promotion
4. payment of Skipping, Relativity and Promotion Arrears
5. Payment of all withheld salaries
6. Composition of Board of Management
7. Amendment of Teaching Hospital Act
8. Autonomy for the Teaching Hospitals
9. Consultancy status for healthcare providers.
In view of the apathy of the Government in implementing agreements on these issues, the unions may be forced to embark on indefinite industnal action to press home our demands.
The government may however want to use the policy of No-Work-No-Pay to prevent the unions from making a success of the action. JOHESU at Its meeting of 11th and 12th May, 2017 is resolved but requires the support of all her members and decided that all branches of all the unions should hold her congress and intimate members and also have a referendum on whether there should be a strike action or not.
The result of the referendum should be submitted to each union's secretariat for onward transmission to the JOHESU Secretariat not later than 23rd of May, 20117
Com. (Dr.) Biobelemoye Joy Josiah National Chairman JOHESU
Share this news with friends!!!