The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Position: Health Field Officer (Nutritionist)
* Serves as the focal point for all matters related to the ICRC supported Nutrition component in primary health care program in his/her area of responsibility
* Monitors the achievement of the objectives and the related Plan of Action
* Builds up the capacity of the Primary Health Care Centres (PHCC) staff to run this component and monitors its efficiency and effectiveness
* Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, supervision and evaluation of nutrition program
* Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of Nutrition situation in area of responsibility
* Liaises and attends regular meetings with the relevant ward development committee for follow up, flow of communication and instilling ownership and capacity to the committee
* Monitors and analyses consumption and any inconsistencies in stock, reporting back to the Nutrition Delegate
* Manages emergency medical stock together with Health Delegate
* Nurse or Nutritionist registered with the Nursing council of Nigeria
* 4 years’ work experience in a similar position
* At least 3 years work experience in public health nutrition
* Good knowledge of public health, and of local health services, staff and system
* Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
* Very good computer skills, including spreadsheets
* Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Medical Nutrition programs in Nigeria
* Well-developed analytical skills
* Good communications and negotiation skills, confident in talking in front of a large public, sense of responsibility
* Field oriented and good networking
* Excellent team spirit and acquired capacity to manage stressful situations
* Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule
* Be able to maintain respect to his/her colleagues, interlocutors and profession/duty in different circumstances
* Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
* Prepared to spend at least 70% of time doing field visits.
Application Closing Date:
12 May, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate "HFO Nutritionist Yola" as the subject of your application
* Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
* Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
* Late submission of application will not be considered
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
* The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Share this job with friends!!!