The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
AFENET is seeking to recruit highly qualified and experienced candidates to serve in the indicated position below:
Position: Director, Program
Location: Secretariat-Kampala, Uganda
Reports: Executive Director
Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and manage the program activities at the secretariat and in collaboration with Program Directors across the various countries.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties/Tasks
* Develop and provide oversight in execution of department strategy in line with the overall organization strategic plan;
* Oversee the conducting and implementation of on-site epidemiologic investigations and/or studies of public health concern;
* Provide technical advice and assistance to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and counterparts in all aspects of the implementation of the integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR) system for infectious and non-infectious diseases;
* Provide oversight in the implementation of an M & E frame work for the FETPs and all projects.
* Network and collaborate with ministries of health and other partners to discuss priority public health activities in Africa and designing implementation plans;
* Formulate evidence-based policies in liaison with Ministry of Health or other partners;
* Lead the development of strategies and methods to improve the quality of the data collected and dissemination of information,
* Coordinate reporting for all programs and projects within the Programs department as the set timeline and standards,
* Oversee the programs training function within AFENET and at the central, state and country levels;
* Determine staffing requirements and recruitment of programs staff;
* Manage and monitor the performance management of staff in the programs department;
* Coordinate the programs proposal development process working closely with ministries of health and other partners;
* Oversee the design and implementation of the1atabase for health programs,
* Oversee the design and management of surveillance systems for diseases of public health importance;
* Oversee quality improvement activities for all levels of FETP training across various countries.
* Master’s degree in Public Health/Epidemiology
* Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Veterinary medicine, Laboratory sciences and Environmental’ Health Science.
* Professional Qualifications/Membership to Professional bodies
* The candidate must be a member of one or all of the following Professional Organizations:
* International Epidemiological Association (lEA)
* Society for Epidemiological Research (SER>
* Epidemiology and Biostatistics Professional (EBP)
* Any other recognized national professional body
* Eight (8) years of working experience in public health or a related field, three (3) years of which are at managerial level.
* This position carries a competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters detailing their experiences and skills, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references to "The Human Resource Office, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job with friends!!!