Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
Position: Nursing Director
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Roles reporting into this role: All Nursing Staff
The Nursing Director is a key member of the management team whose primary role is to focus primarily to develop and manage Nursing services for the business unit. The incumbent will ensure timely access to high quality Nursing care for patients through clinical systems improvements, recruitment and retention of quality staff and oversight of the quality improvement initiatives.
Core Functional Responsibilities
• Plans, Organizes and directs the overall operation and function of the Nursing Services Department.
• Develops, and implements a Nursing Staffing Plan in accordance with International standards to maintain correct number and quality of nursing staff.
• Provides leadership, and evaluation of the activities of the Nursing Department.
• Ensures that nursing standards are upheld
• Ensures nursing care plan and assessment functions are in place.
• Provides an environment of quality, cost improvement that is data driven, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
• Maintain regulatory and compliance approvals and accreditations
• Work with senior management and medical staff to develop strategic plans
• Develops a clinical decision support system to access utilization, quality and cost data
• Ensures the maintenance of standards in Quality, infection Control, Health and Safety in the nursing division.
• Prepares and Plan the Nursing Budget for the business unit.
• Develop, maintain and regularly update the Nursing Services Procedures Manual including nursing service objectives and Mission.
• Ensure proper performance management procedure embedded to evaluate clinical competency of nursing staff during probation, and thereafter annually. Drive and monitor performance management process for nursing staff.
• Encourages a collaborative model of patient care by providing opportunity for nursing staff to plan with the medical staff and other disciplines for the total needs of patients.
• Oversees the provision and implementation of educational programs for nursing staff.
• Drives and participates in the assessment of learning needs and provides opportunities for development to nurse leaders.
• Maintains current knowledge of international trends in nursing care delivery and incorporate knowledge into daily operations of the Nursing Department.
• Provides oversight and leadership for nursing / clinical education programs.
• Implements organizational structure which promote shared accountability, high achievement and compliance with applicable laws and regulations; this to include electronic linkages and care delivery tools
• A philosophy of collaboration and teamwork.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
• A mission-driven individual who can embrace and commit to Mission and Core Values; articulate about stewardship.
• A self-starter, results-oriented personality. With the ability to effectively lead and motivate.
• Critical thinking, a decision maker with problem solving skills. Understanding of how to create change through influence and not through direct authority.
• Experience Guidelines
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing (Preferred) or Bachelors of Nursing Degree
• Minimum 10 years nursing experience, of which at least 5 in a senior nursing position.
• Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system.
• Experience in budgeting and financial management
• Working knowledge of key regional and national initiatives impacting on nursing quality care delivery and accreditation
• Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure required, including how to develop and implement decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, care management programs, and outcome measurement assessments
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Share this job with friends!!!