Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
Position: Experienced School Nurse/Matron
* Noble Hall Leadership Academy, located in Abuja; wishes to employ a Nurse/Matron whose sole responsibility would be; to be a supervising adult presence in the boarding house that is committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of the Boarding Pupils and assisting them to follow their daily school routine.
* The Nurse/Matron will also be responsible for ensuring that the general maintenance, operation and domestic upkeep of the boarding building is kept at a consistently high standard.
* We require that the Nurse/Matron be proactive, flexible, efficient and reliable using initiative and a common sense approach.
* The role of Nurse/Matron requires someone who enjoys spending time with young people and who is able to understand and get along well with them.
* In order to deal with and interact with the Pupils the Nurse/Matron is expected to be approachable, understanding, diplomatic and a good listener. High levels of energy, an even temper and a sense of humour are also essential to the role.
* The school nurse is a registered professional nurse working in the school setting who strengthens and facilitates the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children.
* The major focus of school nursing services is the prevention of illness and disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems.
* The school nurse is uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, and referral procedures.
Provide health assessments:
* Obtains a health and developmental history.
* Screens and evaluates findings for deficits in vision, hearing, scoliosis, growth, etc.
* Observes the child for development and health patterns in making a nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
* Identifies health findings, which do not fall within the normal range.
* Assists with physical examinations when conducted in the school.
* Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
* Participates as the health specialist on the child education evaluation team to develop the health individualized educational plan (I.E.P.)
* Plans and implements school health management protocols for the child with chronic health problems, including the administration of medication.
* Develops procedures and provides for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
* Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through preventive immunization programs, early detection, surveillance and reporting of contagious diseases.
* Recommends provisions for a school environment conducive to learning.
Provides information on health:
* Provides health information to assist students and families in making health-related decisions.
* Provides information to adolescents concerning health problems in order to encourage responsible decision-making practices.
* Coordinates school and community health activities and serves as a liaison person between the home, school, and community.
* Acts as a resource person in promoting health careers.
* Engages in research and evaluation of school health services to act as a change agent for school health programs and school nursing practices.
* Is responsible for maintaining and updating cumulative health records.
* Helps develop/revise school health policies, procedures and standing orders.
* Prepares the budget for school health supplies.
* Reviews, revises and implements emergency policies, including in-service health and safety programs for personnel.
* Prepares first aid kits for each building.
* Organizes, instructs, and supervises school health volunteers or assistants.
* Reports regularly in writing to the principal and superintendent on school health activities.
* Prepares statistical reports for the Department of Educational and Cultural Services and Department of Human Services for the superintendent's signature as required.
* Implements the school medication policy and procedure.
* Interprets school health services to school personnel.
* Plans, implements, and supervises school health screening programs in accordance with state and district r requirements and recommendations. Provides follow-up services when indicated.
* Interprets appraisal findings, and helps students and parents accept responsibility for diagnosis and treatment.
* Serves as a health liaison between school, home, and the community. Makes home visits as needed.
* Participates in the health aspects of kindergarten pre-registration.
* Helps school personnel recognize departures from appropriate behavior and growth patterns; helps students and staff adjust student programs when necessary to accommodate health needs of students.
* Possession of a current license to practice professional nursing in Nigeria.
* Three years’ experience as a professional registered nurse.
* Certification as required by the Department of Education.
* A degree is required.
To be part of our exciting, inclusive and happy organization you will need to have:
* 2 years previous work experience in pastoral care.
* Certificates/Diplomas in Pastoral Studies
* To have knowledge of children’s developmental needs
* To have a basic understanding of safeguarding children procedures.
Application Closion Gate:
17 April, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Share this job with friends!!!