Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in 1971.Today, MSF provides independent, impartial assistance in more than 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters. MSF Switzerland in Nigeria currently has 3 projects mainly on primary and secondary health care, vaccination, nutrition programs and water and sanitation activities in Gambaru/Ngala, Rann and Banki.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Ngala, Borno
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Type of Contract: 6 months renewable
Scope of Responsibility
* Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
* Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
* Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
* Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
* Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
* Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
* Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
* Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
* Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
* Essential recognized nurse Degree/Diploma
* English language mandatory , Kanouri an plus , French an asset
* Results quality Orientation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Service Orientation, Stress Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's & Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position as thus ,subject 'Nurses – Ngala' of your email otherwise it will not be considered.
* There is no set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
* Only selected applicant will be contacted for a test and an interview if successful.
Share this job with friends!!!