Application are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following School's/Training Programmes in ABU Teaching Hospital Zaria for 2017/2018 academic session:
1. School of Nursing
This School offers a three (3) year basic general nursing training to suitable candidates of not less than 171/2 years and not more than 26 years of age. Those wishing to apply must have the following:
The acceptable combination of results shall be as follows:
i. WAEC/WAEC or NECO/NECO
ii. WAEC: NECO
a. Five credit passes in English language. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry &. Biology at not more than two sittings.
Entrance Examination and Interview
* Candidates who satisfy the basic entry requirements shall be required to sit for an entrance examination in June, 2017 and selection interview thereafter.
* Only candidates short-listed will appear for the selection interview.
* The Selection process will include essay writing followed by oral interview.
* Candidates selected for admission shall be required to pass a medical examination for fitness,
Note: Only candidates who satisfied O'level requirement will be invited for entrance examination.
This course is residential. Successful candidates MUST live tn the Nurses’ hostel; payment of accommodation fee shall be made instalmentally.
2. School of Post Basic Nursing Programmes
The school runs Post Basic Programme names: Midwifery, Ophthalmic and Paediatrics and Anasthesia. Those whow wish to apply for any of the programme must have the following:
a. Midwifery Course
* Is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE. WASC/NECO or GCE which should include among others English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science Subjects (Physics,Chemistry and Biology) at not more than two sittings.
* Candidates must also be registered Nurse (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
b. Ophthalmic Nursing Course
* Duration: One year Programme and candidates wishing to enroll must be qualified registered nurses (RN) with the Nursing and midwifery Council of Nigeria with at least one year post qualification experience.
* Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant course could be an advantage.
* In addition to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE/WASC/NECO or GCE which should include among others, English language, mathematics. Physics, chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
c. Paediatric Nursing Course
* Duration: One (1) year programme and candidates wishing to apply must be registered Nurses (RN) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must have at least one year Post Qualification / Registration experience.
* Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/other relevant courses could be an advantage.
* In additional to the above, eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE WASC/NECO/or GCE which should include among other, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
d. Nurse Anaesthesia Programme
* Duration: is eighteen (18) months duration and eligible candidates must have five credit passes in SSCE, WAEC, NECO )r GCE which should include among other English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings.
* Applicant must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a current practicing license and at least one (1) year post qualification experience.
* Eligible candidates will be requested to sit for a written aptitude test to be followed by an oral interview.
* Additional Post Basic Diploma/Certificate/Other relevant course could be an added advantage.
* Resumption for training is April, 2018
* Midwifery: July, 2017
* Ophthalmic: July, 2017
* Paediatric: July, 2017
* Anaesthesia: Jan, 2018
For the selection interview, candidates are to come along with the originals of all their certificates, license, evidence of sponsorship, certificates of workshop attended. A release letter from their sponsors.
School of Nursing
Closing Date: 31st May, 2017
Exam Date: June 2017
School of Post Basic Nursing (Midwifery)
Closing Date: 30th June 2017
Exam Date: July 2017
School of Post Basic (Ophthalmic & Paediatric)
Closing Date: 30th June 2017
Exam Date: July 2017
School of Post Basic (Anaesthesia)
Closing Date: 31st Oct. 2017
Exam Date: December, 2017
Application Fee: N6.200
Method of Application
* Click "Purchase Access Code"
* Fill the Application's detail, Full Name, Valid Email address, Phone Number, Program and Course (make sure you type the information correctly)
* Click Pay with Remita button to general Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
* Print the transaction reference page issued by Remita
* Visit any branch of any Commercial Bank and present your payment reference number (RRR) for the payment.
* Request for the payment evidence from the bank.
* You can also pay with VISA, Master Card, Verve, Remita, Internet Banking, or Mobile wallets).
* Click "Sign up/Login" to proceed with the application
* Fill the New Applicant form make sure you use the same information as in the trasaction reference form: Email Address, Phone Number, Password, and your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
* Click "Sign Up" to Complete the Application Form.
* Ensure you print the exam slip and come with it on the exam day.
Share this news with friends!!!