Applications are invited from suitable qualified professionals for the underlisted job position
Job Title: First Responder
Department Ambulance Services
Job Type Permanent
Objective/Purpose of Job
The first responder will assist the doctor in administering care during a medical emergency and will be required to drive the ambulance according to applicable traffic laws.
Reports to ALS Doctor
Internally Relates with Staff
Externally Relates with Patients, community
Job & Man Specifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Required Details)
• HND/Bachelor’s degree in health humanities (Nursing, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry etc). This is equally applicable to registered nurses (RN)
• Minimum 2-3 years cognate working experience
• First aid certification is desirable
• BLS Certification is an added advantage
• Ability to drive is compulsory
• Current drivers license (FRSC)
• Candidates will demonstrate ability for required physical strength and resilience for job role
• Compassionate and diligient
• Sound organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures that the ambulance is ready and available for work at the beginning and end of every shift, this includes daily checklisting, maintaining hygiene and restocking of consumables.
• Perform daily inspections of work areas, ensuring cleanliness and orderliness.
• Respond to all emergency cases upon dispatch in company of the doctor while deploying first aid skills at all times.
• Acts at all times with safety of self, doctor, patient, bystanders and general populace by adhereing to traffic rules and driving general safety guidelines.
• Adheres to universal policy on infection control and prevention
• Completes all appropriate documentation and record keeping for every assignment
• Is familiar with and can operate equipment on the ambulance for the assigned role.
• Performs routine maintenance on the ambulance and escalates all faults to line manager immediately it is detected
• Must ensure a proper handover by signing the handover form upon completion of each shift.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2017.
Method of Application:
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.
If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791
Share this job with friends!!!