Applications are invited from suitable qualified professionals for the underlisted job position
Job Title: First Responder
Department Ambulance Services
Job Type Permanent
Objective/Purpose of Job
The first responder will assist the doctor in administering care during a medical emergency and will be required to drive the ambulance according to applicable traffic laws.
Reports to ALS Doctor
Internally Relates with Staff
Externally Relates with Patients, community
Job & Man Specifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Required Details)
• HND/Bachelor’s degree in health humanities (Nursing, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry etc). This is equally applicable to registered nurses (RN)
• Minimum 2-3 years cognate working experience
• First aid certification is desirable
• BLS Certification is an added advantage
• Ability to drive is compulsory
• Current drivers license (FRSC)
• Candidates will demonstrate ability for required physical strength and resilience for job role
• Compassionate and diligient
• Sound organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures that the ambulance is ready and available for work at the beginning and end of every shift, this includes daily checklisting, maintaining hygiene and restocking of consumables.
• Perform daily inspections of work areas, ensuring cleanliness and orderliness.
• Respond to all emergency cases upon dispatch in company of the doctor while deploying first aid skills at all times.
• Acts at all times with safety of self, doctor, patient, bystanders and general populace by adhereing to traffic rules and driving general safety guidelines.
• Adheres to universal policy on infection control and prevention
• Completes all appropriate documentation and record keeping for every assignment
• Is familiar with and can operate equipment on the ambulance for the assigned role.
• Performs routine maintenance on the ambulance and escalates all faults to line manager immediately it is detected
• Must ensure a proper handover by signing the handover form upon completion of each shift.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2017.
Method of Application:
Share this job with friends!!!