West African college of Nursing (WACN), an agency of the west african health organisation (WAHO) Comprising of five Anglophone countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Liberia and Sierra leone) and one Fracophone country - Republic of Benin presents a certificate course in Disaster Nursing: Emergency preparedness/ BLS
In the recent past, disasters both natural nad man made had been on the increase both at the national and international level. The morbidity and mortality from such disasters call for prompt and emergency preparedness and management. Disasters from road traffic accidents, collapsed buildings, fire disaster, plane crash, flood, industrial accidents are managed by a team of health professionals such as the Doctors, Nurses, physiotherapitst etc. The role of the Nurse in such occurences cannot be overemphasised. Other agencies involved are the police, the federal road safety commission, the fire brigade and Ambulance services.
AIM: The course is designed to equip nurses with adequate knowledge, skills and attitude necessary in the management of victims of disasters.
At the end of the course, participants would be able to:
1. Identify the different roles of the emergency medical team in disaster situation.
2. Give appropriate emergency/first aid measure to victims of disaster.
3. Initiate appropriate management of all body systems affected during disaster.
4. Educate the public towards the importance of community participation during disaster.
5. Inititae and conduct triage for multiple injured victims of disasters.
6. To collaborate with/ assist in the development of a national guideline on emergency management of disaster victims.
1. Nurses/ Midwives
2. Qualified Nurses practicing in the Accident and Emergency Department of their hosptials, Off Shore Medics/ Nurses, Field Medics/ Nurses, Rig Nurses in the oil and gas sector
3. Nurse Clinicians in the Multiple areas of practice.
4. Nurse Educators
5. Nurse Clinicians in the following areas of practice: Government hosptials, private hospitals, Neuro-psychiatric Hosptials, industries, corporate institutions, educational institutions, teaching hospitals, specialist hospitals eg National orthopaedic hosptal, Armed forces (police, army, navy, airforce), federal road safety commission, customs, prisons, airport authority, red cross society, fire services, old peoples home, Nursing homes, Rehabilitation centers, Non governmental organization, missions hospitals
Arrival Date: Sunday 23rd April 2017
Departure: Saturday 29th April 2017
Venue: Sasun Hotel and Towers, Plot 206 Transamadi Industrial Layout, Portharcourt, Rivers State
NOTE: Discounted rates have been secured for participants at the hotel venue for N8,000 per night. For reservation, Call the Sasun hotel general Manager on 08030730641
Registration Fee: N35,00
After payment, kindly Send your full names in a text message to 08035091993
Account Name: Nursingworld Nigeria
Account Number: 0058796320
Bank: Access Bank
Click the link below to download:
For enquiries and registration:
1. Okedo Henrietta (Mrs.)
West African College of Nursing
Phone No. 08036731512
2. Mrs Elizabeth Okankwu (FWACN)
WACN ZONAL CHAIRMAN,
C/O school of midwifery, Portharcourt, Rivers State Nigeria
3. Emelue Jennifer
Share this news with friends!!!