Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Duty Station: Monguno, Borno State
• Ensure strong communication links with all other CMAM staff, providing advice and support to all other staff members on IYCF issues as and when they arise.
• Conduct education sessions within the surrounding community on the importance of IYCF practices in conjunction with community mobilisers.
• Conduct Simple Rapid Assessment (SRA) of all mothers with children under 24 months that attend the OTP/CMAM program.
• Conduct detailed assessment of child feeding practices in women that require additional support or reveal difficulties.
• Complete and maintain individual breastfeeding beneficiary report cards.
• Perform close monitoring of all beneficiaries, including follow up checks with community mobilisers and summaries of total number of mothers attended to.
• Maintain clear communication with all other CMAM program staff regarding the status of beneficiaries, including OTP nurse, CMAM providers, measures and community mobiliser.Provide tailored one to one counselling sessions, based on initial assessments, offering practical advice and education to mothers on the key issues of infant and Young child feeding practices.
• Ensure all mothers/care givers are aware of the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the initial 6 months.
• A diploma in Nursing / B.sc in Nursing or other related qualification.
• 1-2 Years of experience with INGO/NGO of Infant and young Child Feeding practices /treatment of malnourished children in Community Management of Acute Malnutrition is advantageous.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High level of self-discipline, ability to adhere to strict deadlines, organizational skills
• Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
• Demonstrable ability to report timely and excellent communication skills
• Computer literacy.
• Ability to communicate fluently in Hausa and Kanuri.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
• Experience with EXCEL and MICROSOFT WORD
Application Closing Date:
17th March, 2016
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!