Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Position: Health Officer
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno
To support the effective implementation of the health component of multi-sectoral project, particularly in management of childhood illness and CMAM in Maiduguri, Borno State.
• Together with the respective hospital authorities, conduct training need assessment for the PHC staff in the respective health facilities on the CMAM and IMNCI.
• Together with the respective PHC authorities & the State Nutrition Officer (SNO), plan & organize trainings on CMAM and IMNCI for the relevant Health Workers (HWs) based on the findings from the training assessment.
• Work closely with the health facility staff of the MoH & ACF team to establish strong referral linkage between health facilities and hospitals for malnourished children.
• Work in close collaboration with SPHCDA organize LGA level meetings for establishment of Health committees monthly.
• Develop good working relationship between the HWs in health facilities and hospitals.
• Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visits to all respective hospitals to ensure the quality of the CMAM in-patient care services.
• Together with the respective Health facility authorities and/or SNO, conduct joint supportive supervision visits, at least once in every month, to follow up the quality of the service care in all respective health facility and outreaches.
• Together with the HWs at the respective hospitals, monitor the use of all the medicine and therapeutic products (F-75, F-100, RUTF) for the treatment of malnourished children.
• Together with the HWs at the respective hospitals, ensure the treatment protocols for the treatment of malnourished children are properly followed.
• Together with the HWs at the respective hospitals, ensure the hospital staff send the stock reports (medicine and therapeutic products) to the respective authorities at monthly basis.
• Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing, Pharmacy/or Medical Doctor with Primary health care Major or Nursing degree with solid experience in Management of childhood illness and CMAM. 1 year experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI and CMAM approach.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Previous experiences on CMAM programing.
• Previous experiences on In IMNCI.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong coaching/mentoring skills, able to train and build capacity in others.
• Experience in reporting; written English skills essential.
• Solid general management, teamwork spirit, community participation approach.
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
• Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information.
• High level of self-discipline, time management, organization, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day supervisions but meet deadlines and program objectives.
• Transparency and adherence to medical codes of conduct and patient, confidentiality and child protection.
• Commitment to ACF values and principles.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well integrated into local community.
• Trained in adult education/learning and effective training techniques.
Application Closing Date:
20th March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to email@example.com,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends!!!