Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it's partners, Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP).The program's goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
Service Improvement Facilitator
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Summary Scope of Work
- The Service Improvement Facilitator (SIF) will report to the State Team Leader and is responsible for providing technical support for the implementation and monitoring of service delivery strategies and activities at the level of project-supported health facilities (Hfs)
- The SIF will work with the LGA health coordinator and managers and providers in the health facilities to ensure that the project’s strategies for the delivery of high impact services are implemented.
- In particular S/he will be responsible for continuous post-training supervision, mentoring and on-the-job training to service providers.
- The SIF will be responsible for ensuring that providers keep to standards of practice and observe the use of service protocols and provide on-the-job training as needed.
- In collaboration with the State ministries of health (SMOH), LGAs and other MCSP staff and partners, the SIF will assist in defining critical training needs and organizing in-service training activities as needed.
- The SIF will work in conjunction with the SMOH/LGA supportive supervision teams to continuously provide supervision at the health facility level, identify bottle necks to quality services and work with the health facility teams to identify and implement solutions.
- The SIF will ensure that commodity logistics management systems (CLMS) are in place and track regular supply of commodities and report stock-outs in the assigned LGA zones to minimize disruption of services and ensure timely submission and accuracy of reports.
- S/he will contribute to writing of the quarterly report especially in the area of quality assurance, including identifying success stories and keeping a photographic and written record of field activity highlights
- Implement an improvement plan for service delivery points within the zone, and implement and monitor SBM-R initiatives in assigned Hfs
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Documented and accurate reports on types of On the Job trainings conducted
- Number of supportive supervision visits conducted with documentation on the number of providers reached.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant high impact interventions for reduction of maternal, newborn and child mortality use of such in providing support to service providers.
- Up to date knowledge of commodity logistics management information system (CLMIS) and able to support providers in its implementation.
- Technical inputs and contributions as technical support to overall Zonal TSHIP implementation.
- Support provided to technical trainings in their respective zones
- A Senior Nurse/Midwife with at least 6 years of clinical/maternity practice experience including experience with teaching, provision of clinical services and health management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, to lead teams and to organize multiple and simultaneous sets of activities
- Strong clinical skills and demonstrated supportive supervision skills are needed
- Clear understanding of Public Health issues and challenges in Nigeria
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential
- Ability to produce accurate reports and data on activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a local language of the project state will be an advantage
- Willingness and ability to travelupto 50% time within the State is a requirement.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit their Application letter and CV's as one single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you have applied for.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Share this job with friends!!!