FHI 360 is collaborating with the Borno State Ministry of Health to respond to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Position:: Nurse/Midwife - Gwoza LGA
Job Summary / Responsibilities
The Midwife/Skilled Birth Attendant will assist female patients in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery. He/she will also provide antenatal and postnatal advice and support to women and their families.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides direct patient care and accompany in the management of pre-natal, antenatal, inpatient and follow-up care for women (including deliveries).
- Provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services including family planning counselling and services to prevent and treat malaria, tetanus, STI, HIV.
- Provides training and management in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
- Provides reproductive health services and counselling to adolescents in the prevention of teen pregnancy, transmission of STI/HIV, and sexual violence related injuries.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. trainings, mentoring)
- Plans care of the patient in collaboration with the site doctor.
- Provision of direct nursing care i.e. Administration of IV medications, wound dressings clinical observations etc.
- Maintains all reusable equipment by cleaning and sterilizing appropriately.
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized(if any)
- Ensure high quality maternal health services at all project sites.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control measures are maintained at all times.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- 1-3years experience in nursing
- Must be a Registered Nurse/Midwife
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
Very competitive compensation package.
Application Closing Date
25th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Submit hard copies of applications to:
- Ministry of Health,
- Musa Usman Secretariat Complex,
- Borno State.
- A collection box has been provided outside the office of the Director of Public Health (Dr. Lawi).
- For this position, BSMoH employees are encouraged to apply. Rural Posting Allowances will be given to employees who are already employed by the BSMoH. The position above will be co-recruited and co-supervised by the Borno State Ministry of Health.
- FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- FHI 360 will not provide support for relocation and travel stipends for candidates traveling from other locations.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!