The International Nursing Review seeks an experienced Associate Editor to handle manuscripts submitted and efficiently manage the peer review process. The right candidate will be a nurse or have a broad knowledge of nursing, a skilled editor and have a proven track record of timely delivery of work.
The International Nursing Review (INR) is the official journal of the International Council of Nurses (ICN). It is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal that focuses predominantly on nursing and health policy issues of relevance to nurses and has an increasing impact factor. INR welcomes original articles that help to forward ICN's global mission by representing nursing, advancing the profession and shaping health policy.
INR also contributes to the ongoing development of nursing internationally with its regular section on International Perspectives. The diverse international readership of INR is located in more than 130 countries. Published both in hard copy and on-line, INR is a key resource for nurses worldwide.
The Associate Editor’s primary responsibilities are:
(1) Manuscript handling and quality control (including working with authors), journal promotion and assisting the Editor with strategic development initiatives. The post involves working closely with the Editor, other Associate Editor(s), the International Council of Nurses’ Director of Communications, the Publisher, and the INR Editorial Board where relevant
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES Manuscript Handling and Quality Control.
1. To comply with Editorial policy and all procedures and standards for the review, acceptance or rejection of manuscripts, including INR Guidelines for Authors and the online manuscript system.
2. To have manuscripts peer reviewed according to INR and publisher policy.
3. To communicate properly with authors, and to recommend revision, acceptance or rejection decisions on manuscripts to the Editor based on professional expertise, and taking into account reviewers’ reports and editorial comments.
4. To assist authors where appropriate in their revision of manuscripts.
5. To assist the Editor to provide the content to the Publisher in accordance with the Production schedule and in accordance with the Guidelines for Authors, complete with all illustration and tabular matter, permission and assignments of copyright, helping to ensure that all copy is original, has not been published elsewhere and is not defamatory or otherwise unlawful.
1. To be an ambassador for the journal both nationally and internationally.
2. To actively promote the journal when undertaking any professional activity. 3. To provide advice to the Editor, the ICN Communications Director and the publisher on marketing activities for the journal.
Strategic Development Initiatives
1. To solicit the submission of high quality contributions to INR, and in consultation with the Editor, invite articles, select supplements and to oversee any other special features of the journal as appropriate.
2. To work closely with the Publisher and Editor to develop and implement the strategic development plan for the Journal.
3. To contribute to Editorial Team and Editorial Board meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have a proven track record of effective leadership and management.
• Excellent time-management and planning skills.
• At least 5 years of editing experience (developmental editing, line editing, and copyediting)
• Broad knowledge of nursing This is a part-time (10%) home-based position.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the editorial team located in various places around the world, and report to the Editor of the International Nursing Review. Stable connection to high speed Internet is a must for the Associate Editor to work online. This is a two-year position, with the possibility of renewal.
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791