APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001, we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer - Prevention & Community Program
To provide technical and programmatic support for the implementation of the Prevention & Community services including care and support, gender and OVC programs within the organization and externally in close working relationship with stakeholders which includes but not limited to CSOs, supported health facilities, relevant government agencies, Community groups and network of PLHIVs.
* Provide programmatic and technical support to all prevention and community-based activities in Lagos, Oyo & Plateau states
* Contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of directorate work plans with quarterly progress report writing of all programmatic activities
* Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting of Care & Support services at the program sites
* To provide technical support in the management of CSOs activities spanning contractual documentations and management, program and service delivery implementation guidelines, performance measurement and quality improvement across APIN states of operations.
* Contribute to capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines
* Provide oversight and support on bi-directional referrals between communities and health facilities, and gender mainstreaming across program areas within the directorate.
Qualifications and Experience
* A degree in Medicine, Nursing, Sciences or Social Sciences. A Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) will be an added advantage.
* A minimum of six (6) years cognate experience in an NGO or donor-funded environment with expertise in the design, implementation and monitoring of HIV Prevention, Community programs, Care & Support program (including OVC)
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above for each position.
* The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* APIN offers very competitive terms of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Women who are qualified for the positions are therefore encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends!!!