Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2016/2017 (Second Round) Admission Screening Exercise, for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level). These ONLINE screening exercises are mandatory requirements for entry into Lagos State University.
1. ELIGIBILITY FOR SECOND ROUND
i. Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First or Second Choice (More Preferred) institution in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the First Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
ii. ALL Direct Entry candidates who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2016/2017 academic session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
iii. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels will be required (if admitted) to prove their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
iv. Those who have been provisionally admitted, need NOT apply. Admission status can be checked at https://dpu.lasu.edu.ng
v. Candidates are advised to check their profiles before re-applying, as money paid in error is not refundable.
2. SUPPLEMENTARY FIRST ROUND ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE (100 LEVEL) AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
i. Candidates who for one reason or the other missed the first Online Screening Exercise can also re-apply.
ii. Candidates who applied for First Round Online Screening Exercise but were disqualified for some reason(s), but who had now met the relevant requirements for admission or wish to study any other available Course in the University can also re-apply.
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
3. METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
1. Prospective Candidates will visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top, to make the required payment of N5,000 (Platform Access Fee N2,500, Screening fee N2,500) for the 2016/2017 LASU Admission Screening Exercise. All categories of Candidates that make any error during this Second Round of Screening Exercise, would have to pay Platform Access Fee of Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (2,500.00) for rectication of such error(s).
The prospective candidates would be required to submit the following:
a. JAMB Registration Number
b. Surname, First name, Middle name
c. Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
2. Click on PROCEED
3. On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
(i) Click on PAY
(ii) Enter your email address, GSM number.
(iii) Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
(iv) Proceed to enter details of your ATM card
(v) Click Process payment
(vi) Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-rnail address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES
1. After successful payment for LASU 2016/2017 Online Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and select CONTINUE REGISTRATION button to print your screening PIN.
• Carefully fill in your personal details as required
• Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB
• Save and proceed
• Carefully enter your UTME details
• Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB
• Save and proceed
• Select number of O' level sitting(s)
• Scan and Upload O' Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB
• Save and proceed
• Input required 0' Level details
• Save and proceed
* Candidates must possess Five (5) O' Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired Course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY ONE  sitting.
* Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) 0' Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one [1) Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O Level result useci is Two (2) sittings,
* Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all Courses in Lagos State University.
* Note that any examination taken after July 2016 is not ACCEPTABLE.
• Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
• CHECK THE I CERTIFY BUTTON if you agree with ail details as displayed in the Preview,
• By ticking the Certify button, the Candidate confirms that the screening. will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permifted to go beyond this point.
• Click the continue button
• After submission, you will be reed irected to the Screening Homepage
• Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, then, click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL FIRST CHOICE CANDIDATES
• The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in five BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidates Choice of Course
• Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O\Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
• In the Screening step, Candidates are expected to fill-in ONLY FIVE (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects as contained in JAMB Brochure 2016 online.
• The Point grading system is as follows:
O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A2 (B2) 9
A3 (B3) 8
TOTAL OBTAINABLE 50 %
Candidate should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for eleven  days, Thursday, 27th October, 2016 - Sunday, 6th November, 2016 (12 midnight).
NB: All transaction(s) in relation to the Screening Exercise must be made online. At on time should any candidate transact through third (3rd) party/exchange cash with any member of staff. Any one who does, does that at his/her onw risk.
LEWIS, Akinwunmi Oladapo
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL
MAKE THE NURSES ANTHEM YOUR RING BACK CALLER TUNE
"Nurses are GREAT, Nurses are CARING, An epitome of HUMILITY to SERVICE, We are specially ordained for this VOCATION, YES AM PROUD TO BE A NURSE!!!
For MTN users: Text 020352 to 4100.
If you have never used Caller tunes on MTN, text Reg to 4100 to activate. Then, text 020352 to 4100
For ETISALAT users: Text 823208 to 251.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Etisalat, text RBTON to 251 to activate. Then text 823208 to 251
For AIRTEL users: Text 0427654 to 791.
If you have never used Caller tunes on Airtel, text Sub to 791 to activate. Then text 0427654 to 791
Share this news with friends!!!