FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
TERTIARY EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
FEDERAL SECRETARIAT SHEHU SHAGARI WAY, ABUJA, NIGERIA
P.M.B 146, GARKI
20TH NOVEMBER, 2007
THE SECRETARY GENERAL/ REGISTRAR
NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
EDO HOUSE, CENTRAL AREA
RE: ASSESSMENT/ EVALUATION OF THE PROGRAMMES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF NIGERIA
1) Please refer to your letter dated 2nd march, 2007 on the above subject matter
2) i am directed to inform you the honourable minister of education has approved the recommendations of the expert assessors' committee ( that visited NMCN on the 15th and 16th of october, 2007) to accord official recognition to NMCN and its qualifications.
3) by this recognition, the nursing and midwifery council of nigeria professional qualifications would be rated, for employment purposes as follows:
- that the holders of the general nursing qualifications should be rated the same as HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA. this would attract grade level 08 (step 1) in the public service;
- that the holders of the basic midwifery qualifications should also be rated the same as HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA to attract salary grade level 08 (step 1) in the public service; and
- that the holders of general nursin or basic midwifery qualification together with one or more of the post basic qualifications should be placed on salary grade level 08 (step 4)
4) it would be appreciated however, if this decision is not made public as information in respect of evaluation of qualifications is not usually published but restricted to ministries, civil service commissions and employers of laboour
5) please accept the assurances of the minister's high regards.
Dr Jamila Shu'ara
Ag Director (Tertiary Education)
for: minister of education
Share this news with friends!!!